• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Weird hand feel

Everyone is a boner. Comets are just a normal mid with a bead.

*realizes he's been playing too long*

*doesn't understand new tiny mids*

*also doesn't like Leopards so probably shouldn't call anyone a boner*
Leopards make less sense to me than Comets. If you are a new player using a beadless low-profile putter, I can see where the Comet design might seem weird and you have so many other options that you just wouldn't take the time to make the adjustment. Leopards, though...I mean what the Hell, folks! :mad: It's a regular 'ol fairway driver. If I close my eyes and you hand me an Eagle, a TeeBird, a JLS, an XL and a Leopard one by one they will all feel the same to me with a power grip. They are al just fairway drivers. :|

*doesn't realize I'm on a soapbox*

*slips and falls down*

*breaks a hip*

There was one disc in the last few years that I had a grip issue with. I had hurt my arm and I was putting with APX, and one day I suddenly couldn't hold the thing. It wasn't a "didn't like it right away" thing; I had been throwing it for a couple of months with no issue. I just suddenly couldn't hold the disc comfortably to throw. Putting was fine, but approaches were wack. I had to switch to a fan grip, which was better. After a few weeks of using the fan grip I went back to the power grip and it was fine. It was just weird. :\

Leopards make less sense to me than Comets. If you are a new player using a beadless low-profile putter, I can see where the Comet design might seem weird and you have so many other options that you just wouldn't take the time to make the adjustment. Leopards, though...I mean what the Hell, folks! :mad: It's a regular 'ol fairway driver. If I close my eyes and you hand me an Eagle, a TeeBird, a JLS, an XL and a Leopard one by one they will all feel the same to me with a power grip. They are al just fairway drivers. :|

*doesn't realize I'm on a soapbox*

*slips and falls down*

*breaks a hip*

Must be something with rim size for me. I could never get comfortable with Leopards or FDs.
Teebird, TL, Eagle, Gazelle, Cyclone, Leopard3, etc. No problem at all.

Must be something with rim size for me. I could never get comfortable with Leopards or FDs.
Teebird, TL, Eagle, Gazelle, Cyclone, Leopard3, etc. No problem at all.
:doh:

They all have essentially the same rim size, dude. :| You are just a whack job.

I was kinda trying to see if there was a pattern to it, but it's kinda all over the place. Except everyone hates the Comet. :(

*goes to the park to throw Comets*

*realizes it's dark out*

*goes home to argue on the Internet some more*

I am Meh on the Comet not feelings either way but I can use them if I had to. The Comet discs are the good version of a Cobra or Stingray that does not get turned by winds past 10 mph. So if I needed that slot in my bag the Comet is what I would use, curently have a Z Archer at 170-172 grams and a 166 gram #2 Upshot in Prostyle for this shot So I do not need a US midrange seeing how fast the #2 Upshot is for putter and how Slow for Fairway disc the Archer is. Also have an Impact for the neutral/tight long beyond midrange gap shot as well as for not quite fairway but too far for true fairway disc shot as long as I am not needing my Archer for the true US shot in same spot as Impact for between midrange and fairway distance.

Speaking of lots of players hated the Impact as I said before due to rim, the Glide was the better of the neutral midrange like fairway discs.

:doh:

They all have essentially the same rim size, dude. :| You are just a whack job.

The Leopard he should be able to use due to the Leopard 3 but maybe it is the dome with the Leopard over the Leopard 3 as to why the mold fits odd in hand for the guy?

I used a Leopard in DX but switched once the mold got unpredictable in 2007 and by then the mold changed a tad to something else thanks to Berry Shultz to a mold I could not use due to now from get go having the S flight though not as pronounced as a worn in older Leopard mold. I was lucky I found the Impact for that tunnel shot at 2007 ace race. I do have a bunch of backup Impact at 170-172 grams and 172-173 grams sets as 169-174 is where the Impact works in only that weight range for the mold.

Last edited:
You know what's weird? That ridge on the rim of a Shark. I know almost no one(starter pack newbs and Casey aside) throw them.

But that little ridge weirds me out.

You know what's weird? That ridge on the rim of a Shark. I know almost no one(starter pack newbs and Casey aside) throw them.

I've been throwing a Daredevil Pteranodon this summer; it has the Shark ridge. I honestly never notice it.

I have never had an issue with them, I also do not think that is an issue for Dave D who also uses or used a Star Shark in his bag in videos of him playing and asking questions. Dave probably now uses the Lion due to how the mold has replaced the Shark 3 in production and is quoted by Dave D himself on Innova website as being the exact disc that he wanted the ROC to be. I never noticed the ridge until I got the Star Sharks. I thought that Ridge on the Shark in Star was a molding mistake the Star discs had since the Star Shark was a rather hard disc to not end up F2 but with regular stamp. Then I got Shark 3 and thought maybe they changed the mold over time but nope it is just the one disc is Pro plastic so in DX and Pro plastic the 2 I had the Shark in before the Star and Champion Shark 3, the ridge is harder to feel because when I looked it was there on the Pro disc just not as prominent as they are on premium plastic discs.

Last edited:
The Shark has a ridge on the rim? Where exactly is that ridge?

About halfway up on the lower wing. I'll snap a pic if I can find my daughters shark.

Back when a Stingray was a driver I either threw XDs or Aviars. It was all depending on the feel. When one stopped working I knew what to switch to. I bet I went back and forth with those two about 6 times over a few years.

I just remembered that.

Attachments

• D0023B18-E758-400A-AA59-BE04768732A2.jpg
    D0023B18-E758-400A-AA59-BE04768732A2.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 17
  • 4D1F513C-18B2-4850-849E-AD4824F2FA81.jpg
    4D1F513C-18B2-4850-849E-AD4824F2FA81.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts