• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside 2014 PROTOS, Review and Flight

So is there any kind of an explanation as to why Westside is so far off with their ratings?

Good question. And the huge difference in some molds flights when comparing TP and VIP. Innova gets ripped on all the time for these kinds of things, yet LAT 64/DD/Westside don't seem to get the same treatment.

Seems odd to me. Blinders will do that I guess.

Good question. And the huge difference in some molds flights when comparing TP and VIP. Innova gets ripped on all the time for these kinds of things, yet LAT 64/DD/Westside don't seem to get the same treatment.

Seems odd to me. Blinders will do that I guess.

Truth I've actually found most Swedish molds I've tried to be more inconsistent and finicky in flight than any innova I've thrown.

The three rivers I had flew like completely different molds.

They are so fun to throw but inconsistent seems to be the key word for some of these discs

The difference in flight between plastics is a given, Westside states on their website that tp is generally more US, but I haven't thrown enough to know how they rate with inconsistencies in the same mold. No company seems super consistent to me, which makes me think its just an inherent difficulty with molding discs. I do wish that there was a universal rating system that companies used that was more inclusive than innovas four number thing. Thank god for inbounds.

I finally gave up and let my Stags do there thing. More times than not the Stag is right.

Indeed. Every time I'm sitting on the teepad and struggling to decide on a disc, I regret not choosing the Stag. And I'm almost always pleased when I do choose it. I think I'm just a slow learner.

The few westside discs that I have, make me crazy, but they do fly nice.

So I always have this big argument with the stag every time I bring it to the course.
It wants to stay in the bag, but I tell it, I already have other discs in that spot, so we end up arguing and making a sceen.

I finally gave up and let my Stags do there thing. More times than not the Stag is right.

Indeed. Every time I'm sitting on the teepad and struggling to decide on a disc, I regret not choosing the Stag. And I'm almost always pleased when I do choose it. I think I'm just a slow learner.

some kind of moose lodge conspiracy