• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside Warship

Used a 10% off promo code at DN, and now have a Blue 176g TP warship sailing my way :hfive:

I wonder how they compare to a vector? Im looking for an overstable mid that has the distance capabilities of those 2 since my next overstable mid is either a buzzz or md2. Both of those 2 are quite stable and although i enjoy throwing them both i would still like another mid because mids are the only thing i can throw consistent at this point. Any opinions??? Has anyone thrown both?

I haven't really seen many westside tourney plastic discs that were swirly. Maybe lat64 reserves that for themselves mostly.

I haven't really seen many westside tourney plastic discs that were swirly. Maybe lat64 reserves that for themselves mostly.

I've seen very few as well. Especially when compared to the number of swirly Lat GL.

Most of my Westside is a flat solid color GL.

Okay, which Lat 64 disc is the Warship? A lot of duplication appears to be going on here. BTW, I use Westside discs, Northman and King. Good stuff. King = Bolt though.

soooo based on DN's description of "familiar beadless concave wing" is it a Pain redesign?

That's the burning question. I love my GL pain. So is this disc very similar in flight, longer/shorter???

judging by the pics the wing looks to be shaped like a pain but a bit less beefy, very similar to a buzzz.

I'll be interested to see how it compares to the other recently released Finnish mid, the Midari from Prodiscus. Sounds very similar in stability.

Does this have a bit more distance potential over the Pain? (for those that have thrown them)

I see Westside has marked it a a speed 6 glide 5, with Lat 64 marking the Pain at speed 4 and glide 4.

Maybe its closer to the Medius, but I've never thrown one.

The warship would definitely make a great compliment to the pain

We tested it for an hour or so on the Disc Nation driving range on Friday. I had a hard time comparing the disc to anything. We expected it to be roc-ish but it definitely doesn't start out as overstable as a fresh Roc. It needed some good hyzer to hold a flat flight into a strong headwind, but then again most midranges do.

Now my arm is generally is on the longer end, so my results should be scaled back for players with lower power.

We did find that the Warship has one shining quality...GLIDE! This sucker in a tailwind was going over 400ft on flat line drive lasers (we have footage of me doing it, especially the VIP which have more dome).

The Tournament plastic came out flatter and was the least stable with the VIP having more stability and a higher dome. Both were 176g scaled. The plastic for both felt awesome, no complaints with how either molded up.

The disc would still slightly fade out of a good anhyzer rip with the VIP fighting it the hardest(in a strong 15-20 mph tailwind).

Closest comparisons for the Warship:
Glide - Comet. yeah this is the only thing it reminds me of in terms of glide
Stability - Ibex. fights mild headwinds loves a tailwind.
Speed - Roc

The Warship is another one of those do-it-all midranges. It is good at a lot of things but not really great at anything outside of glide

I loved the way they felt in hand. I really had a hard time not getting one yesterday. Probably should have.:doh: next time I will get one I bet.;)