• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside Warship

I got the opto warship and c-MD2 on the same day and the Warship was far superior in every way. The MD2 was extremely nose sensitive and torque sensitive. It crashed and burned to the right at about 200ft while the Warship was dead straight going about 325ft ( I have retooled my throw and have gotten rid of most my OAT, and since my other discs were flying as advertised I just have to assume that the MD2 I got is just a bad disc or your form has to be flawless to make it fly right). The MD2 also felt really clunky and had no glide. Absolutely hated it. Climo must have a different mold cause this thing was flipper than my Meteor.
Today I took the Warship out again and threw it side by side with a new z glo Buzzz, lightly seasoned z Buzzz and a barely used R pro roc. After two hours I can say that the Warship matched those discs shot for shot while being slightly faster with more glide. I was throwing RHBH into a 3 mph headwind one way and the tailwind the other way. The shots were around 300 to 325ft. The R pro roc was landing slightly right of center(the least stable of the group but in no way understable), the seasoned z buzz and Warship were very similar (straight with a tiny fade) with the Warship always a few feet ahead, and the glo buzz being the most stable finished the farthest left of center. After more time with it I stand by my previous impression: I have no problem saying that the Warship belongs on the list with rocs and buzzz's. It was every bit as reliable, consistent and dependable as the roc and buzzz's i was throwing. I haven't tested it in moderate to heavy winds yet so my opinion might change if it doesn't hold up to the wind as well, but it handled the light headwind as well as the others.
If you want it to have some turn to it, get the Tourney plastic, if you want it to be stable like a buzz, get the VIP plastic.

Hmm is your C-MD2 domey or flatter(Not buzzz flat). But either way it shouldn't flip over on you.

My Domey ones are glideless POS and feel chunky. The flat ones are a better Buzzz and can handle the wind without issues.

wondering if ordering one of these is a crap shoot like earlier cores. The core and fuse overlap to me and I feel that the warship may just work in the middle between the pain and fuse. what is the consensus i am ordering online and have to wing it, so heavy light any difference, or is it about the domes. Thanks

the best way to describe it in my opinion would be a short river. as far as mids go, i think it flys alot like a ESP FLX buzzz with more glide. get a heavy VIP if your looking for more stable.

Shorter river...I like that comparison! In fact in a tailwind I can dump this thing as far as my river and on a straighter line.. Warship is in my bag to stay.

My friend got a 180g Warship but just two days ago and we were testing it out on a practice field at a local course and man does that thing bomb! I'm predominently RHFH and with a full rip the Warship would flip up to flat from a hyzer and just glide for atleast 250-300 ft with ease! Time to get one myself

How does it compare to an Axis? Say, a first run green flat as a pancake Axis? :\

I have a few dozen rounds in with my 173g Vip Warship and a handful of field sessions. It fits really well between the Pain and Core. Tons of glide and just the right amount of stabilty. It is definately a keep for my bag.

The added bonus for me is that it has been a forehand dream. It hasn't been as touchy as some mids when forehanding. The added glide helps it hold a very nice low ceiling line and the stability makes it less likely to turn and crash. The struggle I've had with the Core on forehands is that I can't cleanly get height on taller hyzer routes. The Warship holds a high hyser line well.

I have a few rips in with a buddies 165g, turned over fairly easily compared to mine. Makes me think about replacing the Core with a lighter Warship. Warship/Warship/Pain combo.

i think it flys alot like a ESP FLX buzzz with more glide. get a heavy VIP if your looking for more stable.

^This except mine is a z glo flx buzzz

How does it compare to an Axis? Say, a first run green flat as a pancake Axis? :\

I never liked the axis. To me, it was not very accessible. I had a lot of times where it would just fall out of the sky w/o a perfect rip (no OAT, just uncomfortable rim to me). I didn't throw the 1st runs long enough to really learn them though, so take this for what it is, me promoting a disc that fits my style perfectly.

I'm a hyzer flipper and the warship fits me like a gimp suit. Glides for days, flies dead nuts straight on a slight hyzer release and holds lines very well. I throw them a little lighter, in the 170g range out to about 300ft, and these are the characteristics I get. I have been told and it has been stated here that heavier vip's are more hss and lss than the lighter versions.

Threw a buddy's Warships today. It is hard to define. It is a fast mid, or a slow fairway. I can see the mini River thought. I also thought it was a less stable Hornet. It is a fast mid with good glide. I like it, but not sure where it fits. I guess if you have an under stable mid and an over stable mid you could squeeze it in the middle. But it is just a little faster and possible has a little more fade than a Core. BUT not as stable as a Buzzz. I think it is cool and will work for some, but I need to chuck it some more to see where it fits best. Long, glidey SOB though. My buddy cranked a couple decent FHs with it also.

So the warship is a little faster and longer then a roc. It is also speed 6. Shouldn't it be considered a fairway driver rather than a mid?

What fairway driver would the warship compare to?

So the warship is a little faster and longer then a roc. It is also speed 6. Shouldn't it be considered a fairway driver rather than a mid?

What fairway driver would the warship compare to?

Westside's numbers aren't the same as Innova's. A 6 doesn't mean it is a fairway.

I'm thinking I might try Roc - Warship - Fuse for a bit and see how things work. I want to be able to drive with the Warship off the tee as a 'slow' fairway driver instead of the Buzzz.

It is a fast mid with good glide. I like it, but not sure where it fits. I guess if you have an under stable mid and an over stable mid you could squeeze it in the middle.

I'm thinking I might try Roc - Warship - Fuse for a bit and see how things work. I want to be able to drive with the Warship off the tee as a 'slow' fairway driver instead of the Buzzz.

You shouldn't have any problems doing this. I've been using a disced down bag for a while now and throwing a 174 tourny ship as my main disc. It has continued to do nothing but impress me. For me, it took over that slow fairway spot that I previously used buzzes for. Right now I'm running with a mid setup of Pain - Warship - Comet and there isn't a gap. Honestly though, there is very rarely a time when I'm grabbing my pain or comet over the ship from the tee. I would be perfectly happy playing one disc rounds with mine, but I feel like it would be cheating.

actually Gary I do now have 2 colorshift Tournament Warships

maybe not quite as stable as I would have liked...both quite flat

and from a trade I am waiting on a VIP Warship

they do glide well

They glide so well, I am using one as my woods driver. Less fade than most drivers, but still gets a surprising amount of distance. I still throw my Core better at times, but the Warship is niiice.

Latest posts