• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wham-O mini basket?

I just bought one last night. I was given a gift card for Target and the mini-basket was on sale for $17.50. So, it only cost $7.50 out-of-pocket. I took it to work today and we had a mini-tournament at break time! Lots of fun! :D

thanks for posting this, i was looking online for 24.99 plus shipping

Do the mini innova discs work for this basket. I ordered the 3 pack of lightweight yesterday.

No, the basket doesn't catch anything really. The chains are too light and there are not enough of them. Also it's so easy to hit the inside of the basket or the pole and just bounce out. It's a cheap little toy, waht do u expect?

No, the basket doesn't catch anything really. The chains are too light and there are not enough of them. Also it's so easy to hit the inside of the basket or the pole and just bounce out. It's a cheap little toy, waht do u expect?

yes the basket in its original form is pretty worthless for catching normal to heavy minis, but there are two mods you can make for cheap to greatly improve upon its function.

-an inner row of chains can be added with zip ties to the holes in the top of the basket and to the ring at the bottom. Similar size chain to whats already on it can be found at home depot, etc for not much at all.

-the bottom and top are capped off so you can fill the hollow pole with sand, or whatever is handy and fits, to weight it down.

you can see my customized one earlier on in this thread. I chose to also paint mine, but I just can't keep myself from customizing things as much as possible. It now catches even the heaviest minis I have.

Here's my Whammo Mini basket with innerchain modification. It is easy to do, just get 12" of the same size chain and zip-tie them to the holes on the top, then attach all chains in a circle with wire at the bottom. Like A.Mutt said, it catches way better now, even heavy minis like Zing Aerofoils and Little Flyers.

opyd50.jpg

I ordered the lightweight minis that weigh 17g. Does any one know how heavy the minis are that come with the basket are

I've been working at Target for a number of years now and I've never seen this at our store despite reading these posts. I did an item search at work today and it turns out they had all of theirs on location in the backroom! They just store them in the back of the store to collect dust! I picked one up using my awesome team member discount and it's pretty fun. I don't like the minis provided though; my mini Aviar and mini drivers work much better.

A great way to bring the course to me when the snow keeps me from getting out to the course!

Did you add a second set of chains? How well do they work?

I didn't add a second set of chains. The chains catch pretty well. I'd say their catching potential is proportional to that of real chains on a normal sized basket.

Wham-o Mini Disc Golf Basket

i was just wondering if it really catches disc that well. and if it is the right size for standard mini disc...little flyers, innova mini disc, gateway mini, ect

mine works great. the only thing i dont like is the small chains. thought about changing them out, but havent done it yet.