• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What are some good suggestions for a Stable Speed 9 or 10 Driver?

if you have a saint already, you should get a saint pro
i dont notice too much difference between my opto saints and my moonshine escapes

The Escape is my favorite disc. But I have to disagree with all of the teebird comps. My Escapes tend to fly dead straight but with very little fade. Bullet lines. My birds had hard fades and some turn. The escape def is faster as well. It's rated speed nine but I'd say it's more like a ten.

You had a bad bird lol teebirds are the original straight to fade!

Nobody gonna throw a Beast into the mix? For a 10 speed distance driver it has a nice flight if you can throw it. I have bagged two (DX and Blizzard) with my noodle arm.

Flight is rated 10/5/-2/2. Longer, faster, glider Cheeta. Get one in a DX plastic and it will beat in to be straighter flyer then it will beat further into a understable/utility/right turner as my DX (165) has.

I cant throw the max distance for the Beast (Inbounds and Innova put it at 400') but I can get my Blizzard Beast (157) to fly the flight path it is supposed to out to 275'-300'.

Last edited:
The Escape is an amazing disc. Super reliable and super glidey.

I have to say though...I've been drooling over some Volts. I've been wanting to try them pretty badly. I have a feeling I wont turn back once I try one.

Just get a Teebird or beat up a PD. Speed doesn't matter as much as people are led to believe when it comes to drivers.

I would suggest trying a Z Avenger (I have owned all available Avenger plastics, and Z is the best, imo). Get a new or slightly used one, then take the flashing off. I honestly consider my Avengers fairway drivers, not distance drivers, simply based on the flight paths. Avengers have very little lateral movement, but are still capable of respectable distance.

I have thrown a number of speed 9 drivers (PD, SOLF, Viking, Saint, etc.), and I still prefer the Avenger. However, if you do try it, make sure to remove the flashing. The HSS won't suffer too much, and the fade will be much smoother and forward-penatrating.

Good luck, and I hope you find what you'd looking for, even if it's not an Avenger.

I used to throw a pro beast. Last few weeks I've been getting more distance and better form and it's been flipping them over so I moved on. I went to a GL Saint and GL Fury. Not sure that the Fury would be considered stable but it has a very, very stable like flight if there is a touch of anhyzer angle on it. Knocked it out to 375 with a very small tailwind.

Although the flights look very very similar they fly nothing alike. Try a fury to compliment your Saint.

For me the valkyrie is my go to driver. I carry from 175 down to 67 in star, champ, and one pro. They are great discs, very reliable flight path. Higher weight for headwind with more of a hyzer release. I just love my valkyries. They can be trusted to do what i need everytime i throw one.

I would recommend a Valkyrie or beat up a PD. I am with you in that I can't really throw much faster than a speed 10 or so productively, so I just throw Valks and PD's for distance. The biggest issue I have with both of them is that is getting harder and harder to find new ones that don't have horrendously plused-out rims. If you can find some with straight walls, then I recommend them over just about anything.

I can throw a similar distance with a Valkyrie or Avenger SS. I always recommend those to people such as myself that are looking for a disc that they can far. Too many discs just go left for me personally. Those two discs are awesome.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. There are some good sounding ones in here I'll keep all these in mind and if I'm going to pull the trigger on one I'll look back at this thread first.

For right now,I'm going to go back to my Saints and my Fury.