• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What are your favorite Targets/Basket on the course?

What Target/Basket Manufacturer is your favorite to throw to.

• DGA

Votes: 46 36.5%
  • Innova

Votes: 60 47.6%
  • Ching

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • InStep

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • WestSide

• Lightening

• Disc Nation

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Catching Targets

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other

Votes: 16 12.7%

• Total voters
MonkeyTraps by DG Monkey (Russell Burns).

High quality, heavy gauge steel, powder-coated in your favorite colors, and made in America by a disc golfer that gives much more to this sport than he could ever take in profits.

Attachments

• Picture 030.jpg
    Picture 030.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 44
I just got an Arroyo Vortex and wow! It swallows putts and is really well made and sturdy. Mine is powder coated metallic blue.

There are now two courses around my home that have these baskets. We do not like them. I refer to them as the steel curtain baskets, especially against my soft V.P. When I play these courses, I end up using my Champ Gator to putt. My Gator loves to eat chains. The V.P. ends up bouncing out, and the chains barely move. No likey. But, hey, maybe you're having better luck with them.

Pretty sure Chainstars and DGA Mach V's are the same. Wasn't there some sort of cooperative agreement where Discraft would manufacture discs for DGA, and DGA would make baskets for Discraft?

Both have the same chain support. I believe the Mach V has chains connected to two different sized rings (like the Mach III) whereas the Chainstar only has one. It could be switched, but I think I have it right.

My favorite is the Mach III. Beautiful design, and it catches my putts just fine. I have a Ching Chainmaster (32 chains, not the Light with 16) for a practice basket, and it is the best catching basket I've ever putted on. The "chastity belt" isn't nearly as bad as Innova's either.

Thx... will see if I can confirm this.

Latest posts