• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What disc do you throw off of the teepad the most

Keith H

Eagle Member
I know we could all say our putters get thrown the most because unless you Ace you almost always use the putter. Then likely our mids get the next most use.

Excluding putting and midfield shots (but not those discs because at times we might drive with a putter or mid) what disc do you use most when throwing from the teepad?

I would say for me with the courses i play likely the Roadrunner (although the Thunderbird gets a lot of time also).

I like throwing putters and mids whenever I can. So I would say my pigs and Buzzzes get throw off the tee the most.

For me it depends on the hole layout, but it's either a Ti Buzz or beat Pro Wraith that get the call most often. Close seconds are an Icon Outlaw FR, ESP XL and a Champ Thunderbird.

I get a lot of use out of my star Tern. Especially now that it is getting beat in and is more understable.

I like shorter technical courses so on those I think the Condor gets thrown most... but I just lost that sucker on my course... have a backup somewhere but I have a mental block with color of discs... the one I lost was white and my backup is orange

Used to be a glow Eagle that I would say is most thrown off the tee... the Condor is such a sweet disc though and when I started bagging it I was surprised I let it sit on the shelf so long

roc/roc3 - Ok, you said no mid/putters but if I have to hit a line, I'm going to sacrifice 50' for some accuracy.

So, give me an open drive I need distance - G* Destroyer

Give me an open placement shot - champ/star firebird

If I have to hit a line and get distance - G*/dx teebird

Actual answer to your question what driver do I throw off the tee most, probably g* destroyer.

A breakdown of 18 holes might look like this:

destroyer - 4 holes
teebird - 3 holes
firebird - 2 holes
roc - 6 holes
wizard - 3 holes

Averaging it out over all courses, the PD gets thrown off the tee more than anything else for me.

Really depends on the course around here. More wooded courses and I'm throwing Patriot/Ghost off the tee for almost everything. Open courses and I'm throwing Firebird/Outlaw off the tee for almost everything. The reality is that most holes are somewhere in the middle, which is why the PD comes out so much.

looking at my 2 most-played local courses, it is nearly tied between Bosses and Buzzzes. I generally bag 3 Bosses (2 star, one glow champ) and 4 Buzzzes (10year, GT, SS, fresh Z) so a lot of ground is covered between the 2 molds.

cFD gets honorable mention.

Depends on the course, but probably Eagle, Destro, Classic Roc would be 1, 2, & 3 on the courses I play most frequently.

Star Wraith, c line FD, KC Pro Roc, whippet/firebird, mcpro aviar

Depending on course obviously, but those are my teepad work horses

<320 open shots: Prodigy D2
<320 shaped shots: Prodigy D4
>320 open shots: Prodigy F2
>320 shaped shots: Prodigy F7

I very rarely drive with a mid. I have my driving putter and fairways for 99% of the time.

Latest posts