• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What disc do you use for long, narrow, straight, tunnel type fairways?

depending on length

Gummy Rhyno: 0-150'
Elite Z Buzz: Up to 200'
Leopard: Up to 275'
Teebird: Max Distance (possibly an eagle if its got a tad bit of room, and/or windy.)
(assuming the fairway and pin lay is directly ahead.)

Stratus or Classic Roc for me.

As my game has progressed . . .
> 200' Innova Champion Sidewinder - med speed and low
< 200' Latitude 64 Opto Core or Innove X-Elite Stratus - straight on

177 Z Buzzz for very straight or holding an anny.
179 Champ Shark for straight with a slight hyzer finish.
Both good for about 300'. I max D about 400' with open fairways.

I have been useing a Star SL, and it goes very straight. For shorter holes I use a Buzz. Under 175 ft I use my putter. Over 220ft I use my Stalker, and over 250 I use the Star SL

I've been working alot recently with my putters and mids, really trying to get SMOOTH releases with lots of spin. I just drove a 285 ft tight tunnel hole today with my putter (Voodoo) and left it about 25 ft short. I was psyched. Usually use a Roc for a hole like this...and leave it a little short.

I throw Spider or Wolf and surrender distance for super straight accuracy.
Sometimes I'll try to sidearm a Champion Leopard.

Champion Leopard (Star Leopard too before I lost it). Spider for shots that are 150 and less.

I CANNOT make the Star SL go straight. I am in the minority? That thing hyzers every time I throw it. Managed to get a straight line for the first time the other day with it (172 g Star), on like the 20th time.

I was fooling around with some discs yesterday, and I took out my 168 Pro D Destryoer. Its been beat in some , and has landed on concrete a few times. I was shocked that this disc flew straight as an arrow for almost 300ft. Its now my new straight, tight fairway, tunnel disc. For shorter shots I use the Buzz.

Latest posts