• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What disc golf basket do you like best?

DGA Mach V is hands down the best basket.

its basically the same as the Chainstar and I completely agree. No basket catches better. I practice constantly on a Mach III, Discatcher Pro, and Chainstar. The Chainstar looks more professional imo and catches best.

DISCATCHERS!!! The new ones with 3 tiered layers of 24 chains catch like mad (I know there are a lot of old ones out there with a bad rap). Plus they are $295 shipped to your course! The $450-500 cost of a Mach 3 is a joke, not to mention they should rename those baskets to "Spit Monkeys".

Where did you find this deal? Website?

Except that this thread was started about a backyard basket, not a permanent course basket.

I'm thinking about getting a Discatcher Sport for backyard use. Does anyone know what the measurement is on it from the ground to the top of the pan? I can't find that info online. I know that a lot of the portable baskets only go up to 30.5" while most baskets on the course are closer to 32".

For my backyard basket, when I have the money, I will most definately get a Mach III. Unfortunately I haven't played on many courses that have them recently. Mainly Mach 5's and Discatchers.

Titans are ridonkulous. Problem is the pole and the attachments aren't the same size so they like to tilt...put the proper pole in or a spacer and that sonovagun is the poop...built like a tank and catch like a disc dog dipped in superglue.

Except that this thread was started about a backyard basket, not a permanent course basket.

Yes and no. The OP was asking about course-quality baskets for the back yard.

I really like the DGA Mach 3 and Mach 5. I'm getting ready to buy one for the back yard ,but wanted to get input on which everyone prefers or what they know about them as far as quality made.

Yes and no. The OP was asking about course-quality baskets for the back yard.

Well, here's my DGA Mach V portable basket in my backyard... I stand behind my statement.
machvportable.jpg

as far as the question of durability mentioned in the original post; this thing has been left out in the snow, rain, hail, blazing hot summers, and everything in between for over 10+ years and is still in perfect condition. No rust whatsoever, no broken chains or rings. These things are beefy.

I like the Mach V. Of course it is used on my regular course so I am biased.

I like the Mach V. Of course it is used on my regular course so I am biased.

I'm jealous of your courses. Most of the ones out here have the DGA Mach IIIs which aren't bad, but they do seem to have more durability issues, and don't seem to catch quite as well. I think the 3 layered chains on the mach V, along with the single chain ring at the bottom make a big difference.

as far as the question of durability mentioned in the original post; this thing has been left out in the snow, rain, hail, blazing hot summers, and everything in between for over 10+ years and is still in perfect condition. No rust whatsoever, no broken chains or rings. These things are beefy.
Thanks for the input everyone. I am glad to here that some have had them outside in the elements for years and are still in great shape. I want to just spend the money on a good one for the back yard. I am leaning more towards the Mach V as it stands now. Again thank you all and if you have any more input feel free to post it ;)

i must say as far as durability i would say the DGA baskets are my favorite, but overall discatcher is the best. visibility and stickiness win in my book.

Is there not a more hollow, stomach dropping sound then that of a disc striking that yellow crown of a DiscCatcher? I finally saw a disc get stuck on top of that crown and it was in tournament play!

Gotta go DGA. Love my M-14 as a portable. $135 w/free shipping and the box is worth the price of admission. Machs are great!! Go old school "Mach ones make it fun!!!" ;)

I have a Mach III and it's been out in the elements for just over two years. Still looks brand new.
It's a tossup for me between Mach III and the Mach V. The III sounds better but the chain setup on the V does seem to catch the spitters that get through the III. Don't know what the cost is on the Gateway Titans but they are very heavy duty.

Oh YEa
"""DISCATCHERS!!! The new ones with 3 tiered layers of 24 chains catch like mad (I know there are a lot of old ones out there with a bad rap). Plus they are $295 shipped to your course!"""

Yea berry, where is this deal?

Last edited:
Mach V all the way. There's nothing wrong with the Discatchers, but something about the Mach V inspires my putting confidence. I do wonder if there's any difference at all between the Mach V and the Chainstar. I suspect Discraft may have even bought permission from DGA to relabel the Mach V as a Chainstar, but that's how rumors get started.

i played at one of the local courses last night and we had alot of spit outs in the mach V. dont know why it does. doesnt seem to have as many chains. i dunno though.

2598f902_m.jpg

Not very portable but one of my favorite baskets. Phantom Falls Pine, Colorado. A most outstanding course. :cool:

Latest posts