• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What discs do people lose the most?

Around here (Lexington, KY) it's got to be the DX Leopard (I think I found 6 or 7 in June), I would agree that Beasts (Champ & DX), Orcs and Valks are also high on the list.

I believe that the type lost depends on the area you are in, around here the few stores that carry disc(Dicks, Play it A Gain, Meijer & Hobby Town) only have Innova products. This means that is what people have the opportunity to buy and lose.

I created a Lost & Found area on our Web Site Forum and post about 12-15 discs per month but most are lost by new players that don't add their name or read the online boards.

I've been playing about 4 years and have lost 3 discs :

2 KC Pro Banshees (Really hate losing them ) and a Star Wraith. One Banshee was during a Doubles round and My partner and I both forgot to pick it up after missing(both of us) a 25 foot putt. Realized it three holes later and went back but it was gone.

One the other side I have lost track of the number of pieces of found plastic. I probably return about 30-40 discs a year to local players - Great way to encourage them to come out and play in the local leagues. Most found discs have no contact info so eventually get added to the stash in the garage (or van).

Probably have found over 500 disc in Four years - And the first Disc I ever found ( Same as the last a DX Leopard )

I have located a few gems along the way:

Numerous KC Pro 10x & 11x discs (A few returned)
CE Firebird (No Info)
CE Leopard (First name only)
CE Leopard (Returned)
CE Eagle (No Info)
'02 CE Roc (Returned in WV)
Old DX Roc belonging to Dave Greenwell (Sent back to him via someone)

Sidewinder by far. I think lots of people try to get a nice "S" out of it for distance over hazards, but instead end up with an anhyzer into the hazard.

Latest posts