• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What discs have I missed?

Nothing Trilogy is worth looking at...

66250543.jpg

I would suggest the following:

Destroyers
Roadrunners
Firebirds
Teebirds
Eagles
Leopards
Rocs
Aviars

Should be a good starting point.

Discs I've personally enjoyed:

Discmania DDx: Like a Tern except half a tick more overstable I'm told. I've had some of my longer throws with C-DDx's
Discraft Roach: Great feeling beadless putter. Throws well, putts well, extremely polarizing name/stamp.
Dynamic Evidence: Dynamic's version of the M4 basically (I recall you digging those).
Dynamic Convict: I have little idea how it flies but mine is signed by Richard Petty and Paige Pierce so it can't suck too much.
Dynamic EMac Truth: The Truth didn't suck and this is less flippy so therefore, decent.
Element Plutonium: My personal favorite putting putter. RDG top and Voodoo bottom. Ungh.
Kastaplast Berg: Just a weird in a good way disc. Huge groove top, unique rim. Really HSS, little LSS.
Latitude Compass: Straight mid, like a more HSS Pain.
Latitude Macana: Underrated putter. Like a Wizard/Focus clone, stability around there between the two.
Latitude Raketen: Has dimples. The fastest disc I've ever thrown that gave zero ****s about the wind, barely glides.
Hyzer Bomb/Millennium Moab: AWESOMELY OS Viper/Tachyon mix. Super blunt and great for boomerang holes and FH rollers.
Mint Discs Alpha: DGCR's own zj1002 made his own company. Great FW driver that can take some oomph like 11x Cal TB's
MVP Matrix: Gyro Buzzz
MVP Photon: Great workhorse distance driver.
MVP Relay: Great workhorse understable FW driver.
MVP Signal: Super flippy instant roller disc. Much needed addition to MVP.
MVP Spin: Neutral to understable putter in the Ion, Anode family. Much needed addition to MVP, lid-like.
MVP Wave: Stable-understable sibling of the Photon. My gyro bomber disc so far.
Prodigy A4: Like a Magic in shexy plastic.
Reptilian Serpent: Another awesome putter. RDG top and Magic bottom.
Vibram Notch: Rubber Banshee?
Westside Destiny: Tons O' Glide. Like a King except slightly less finicky. Still hates wind though.
Westside Longbowman: Dependable FW driver, moderately overstable.
Westside Pine: Nice, stable mid. Stamp looks like broccoli but it's a Scott's Pine.
Westside Seer: Finnish Leopard. Fun, flippy FW driver.

^^^ River came out in 2010.

In case you don't know how to filter and sort in Excel, I've saved a snapshot for you, sorted by date, and with all the Trilogy plastic filtered out:

Attachments

• last 3 years.jpg
    last 3 years.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 20
Yeah Undertaker is one for me. I'm sure someone could substantiate or debunk this claim, but it seems like the number of disc manufacturers increased like crazy in the last 5-10 years, and they all realize that to survive they need to put out lots of new, exciting molds. So I bet the last 3-4 years have produced more new discs than the few before that.

Lots of discs seem pretty hyped. From Innova, the Shryke and Sexton Firebird seem pretty well loved but I haven't thrown either enough to say yay or nay.

Discraft/DGA have plenty of good new stuff, and I'd highly recommend the Undertaker. Pipeline is solid. Thrasher/Punished seem popular.

If you haven't thrown MVP/Axiom, they've got some potential goodies.

Trying plastic is more dangerous than ever these days.

Very true

I had a Mako once and loved it, and then lost it. I never thought that I would find something comparable...Until I bought a Manta. That doesn't flip over like the Mako and glides forever. To me two great discs!

If you haven't tried the Envy, start there.

Then get a Relay and a lightweight Photon. Play a 3 disc round with those. You won't need anything else. Promise.

I would suggest the following:

Destroyers
Roadrunners
Firebirds
Teebirds
Eagles
Leopards
Rocs
Aviars

Should be a good starting point.
I think this is money! I'm feeling sidewinder was just an oversight? If not add it to the list and call it a day! Ha!

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Latest posts