• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What distance disc next?

I'd say try out a C-TD by Discmania. It's a bit faster, has slightly more turn, and less fade. It's still very straight, but just understable and fast enough to give it that extra distance. What's great about it is that it's still stable enough to not have to worry about turning over and not coming back as long as you give it a little hyzer on the release (nothing drastic). It's also probably my longest anhyzer disc.

If I were you I'd consider sticking with your Teebird, possibly adding a heavier one too. If you have no issue with the durability of DX there is no reason to stray from it. It has superior glide, like you've noticed.

If you want a more distance right now type of disc, you could try something in the speed 8-10 range and go with something stable to slightly understable. But really there's nothing wrong with sticking with the TB until you can put it out to 375' or more with precision. Throwing something faster in that distance will give you no real benefit over pushing the TB out further, except it can fly lower lines better.

I'm a huge fan of star plastic, beats in nice and holds that beat in sweet spot for quite a long time. Before stepping up in speeds you should step up your teebirds weight, there's a big difference between throwing a 150 and a max weight. A star teebird in the low to mid 160's is where I would start. It'll have the familiar feel but the added weight will make it a little more stable, kind of like stepping up in stability but without having to learn a new disc. That's how I did it with valks once upon a time.

Thanks for all the comments guys. Deeply appreciated. Here's what I ended up getting (It was kind of a mixture of several recommendations): REALLY Used Pro Orc (weight unreadable)--threw it today during round at Cliff Stevens and it is stable to just slightly understable and I like it. The rest I haven't had a chance to really practice with yet. Used 168g Star Beast. The rest are new: 167g Star Valk, 161g Champ Viking, 161g Star Orc, 168g Pro Wraith. Someone here mentioned about stepping up on the weight for TBird. During my round today, I threw my 175g DX TBird--medium used. Maxed out at 340feet with it today with accuracy. Still flies nice but just within the last week I can tell that it is slowly going from overstable to stable. It won't be too long to where too much spin and arm speed will turn it over . . . guaranteed. For now, great disc.

If you continue really liking Teebirds, I recommend giving a Proline or SP Hurricane (by DGA) a try. I throw Leopards and Teebirds all the time, and a Hurricane seems to have a lot of similar qualities Teebirds have, though it does have a larger rim, like the Discraft Force or Innova Wraith; however, it holds a much straighter line and doesn't have that hard fade at the end. Essentially, it's like a longer-range Teebird. And don't worry about getting 175g discs. Weight is important, but not that important. If you're getting over 350 feet with 150-class discs, you might want to step up to mid- to high- 160g discs, simply to get better control in windier conditions and increase your arm strength (especially for throwing mids), but the urge to throw every disc at 175g is pretty silly. Good luck!

I would grab an echo-star leopard and a star TL then I would go star archon for open distance. The archon throws like a worn wraith and the TL is a straighter teebird. great for tunnel shots too.