• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What have you accomplished in the last year?

Cashing in Am2 for the first time and moving up to Am1 for the Michigan State Championships and getting my rating into the 920's. I also shot my best score at Flip City -4. Its still been over two years since my last ace which was in the Michigan State Championships.

Last edited:
Got my first PDGA win...but it was in MA3.

I'm much happier with cashing twice in MA2. The Denver Classic was a fairly small field for MA2 (11 players) and I tied for last cash. I was much happier with my 10th place finish at the Cache Valley Classic with a much deeper and more talented field (26 players)

Next year my goal is to win a C-Tier AND a B-Tier or higher in MA2 and move up to MA1 and be competitive.

Great year looking back.

Cashed in 4/5 tournaments.
Shot my highest rated round at 929.
Had 4 rounds over 900.(new record)
2 Aces including longest at around 330'( 5 total)
Played against Catrina Allen for the first time,
And only shot one stroke worse than her in the first round .
Pushing my distance further, hitting 350' more often,
And driving my wizards farther.
Shot my best tournament round at -6.

Wow that's a lot for one year.

I stopped going to tournaments.
I stopped trying to improve.
I stopped caring about bad shots and missed putts.
I found the fun in playing again.

I am that's a bigger accomplishment than what the rest of us have posted here. I think I might take your lead in 2015.

I am that's a bigger accomplishment than what the rest of us have posted here. I think I might take your lead in 2015.

These are both great posts! We all need to remind ourselves of why we started playing this game. To have FUN!

I am a PDGA Legacy Member, #5556, dues paid and also a member of the PDGA Course Designers Group. My current PDGA rating is 0. Haven't played in a sanctioned event in years. Mainly because my hips will not tolerate more than one round and still allow me to walk the next day! What have I done this year?

Designed and supervised installation of a sweet, 9-basket/18-tee, Rec and Intermediate level course at Asa Bales Park in Westfield, IN. It is very near the historic downtown and surrounded by a high school, junior high and intermediate schools. I also had the pleasure of working with a fine young man to help him earn his Eagle Scout award for this course.

Designed and built a very nice 9-hole/18-tee (with A and B pins, and a practice basket) recreational course for the private use of a home owners association in Noblesville, IN. (These were my 12th and 13th courses installed in the last 4 years.)

Went to the PDGA International Disc Golf Center in Appling, Ga. this spring for the PDGA CDG first ever national meeting. Great times seeing old friends and making new ones as well as some great courses and disc golf!

Ran a month long disc golf clinic with a 9-hole temp course for the health and PE classes at a middle school in Carmel, IN.

Was the TD for the 5th Annual Indiana State High School Disc Golf Championships at Hazel Landing Park in Carmel, IN. Next year the event will be in Lafayette, IN.

Designed, set up and ran, a 9-hole temp course at the 6th Annual Ford-IDNR Hoosier Outdoor Experience at Ft. Harrison St Park in Indianapolis, IN. Had well over 1,100 people (most were newbies or very casual players) at the course over two days of the event.

Continued to serve as the President of our local club (for the 16th year). Gave numerous other clinics, demos, ran another tourney which was a fund raiser for a local Veterans group. Did tons of course maint work, scouted new course(s) locations, went to dozens of civic and misc meetings to promote disc golf and new disc golf courses....

And I played some very fun casual rounds of golf with some great friends! :clap:

Last edited:

Here is what I say to people sometimes..." No expectations, no disappointments!"

I jokingly say that but it is true if you don't care about your game.

My time spent playing IS:

Continuing to improve.
Learning what I did wrong and correcting it.
Caring about my putting by buying a basket to practice on and IT IS paying off!
Performing my BEST while I am "On the Course" playing Disc Golf.

The only thing I am trying to accomplish on a day to day basis is to be better in my life for myself AND my family!

Last edited:

Glancing at this I was pretty sure it said "stop crying" in there somewhere. I thought to myself "yeah, I've those rounds.."

I shot personal bests in at least 7 different courses, ran my first tourney (Vibram Birdie Bash), and developed a pretty accurate and reliable overhand game.

-Got sponsored by Discraft
-#1 Amateur point leader in Ohio
-#1 Junior in Ohio
-Shot a couple of 1000+ rated rounds
-Played all 3 Am Majors
-Won 3 tournaments(2 advanced, 1st Open tourney win)
-Played in an NT(Brent Hambrick)
-Made a bunch of great friends and had a bunch of great memories
-Racked up over 10,000 miles on the car for just Disc Golf

It was a cool year for me. I went from being basically a semi educated chucker this time one year ago. 6 discs in a homemade bag and had just placed dead last in my first tourney.

One year later, I have gotten to play some of the best courses in the world(Tobbigan, Rollin Ridge, Flip City, Etc.). Played disc golf in 6 states, and hope to add another one or two before years end. Gotten to meet several Pro players and tons of incredibly nice people.

This time last year I was throwing almost all OH shots for anything over 200 ft, now I can throw back hand and forehand over 400 Ft and just throw the most appropriate shot for any given situation.
Basically I've become a real disc golfer this year.

Thank you to all the guys on here that helped me get this far.

I started playing disc golf in July. I work at Play it Again sports, so I already had a wealth of knowledge as far as discs, basic technique, and where to start. I had recommended tons of discs for customers looking to improve their game, even though I never even played.
After working a Memorial Tournament PIAS sponsored in June, I was really drawn to the sport, the community, everything about the experience made me want to be a part of it.
So I picked up a leopard, a buzz and a magnet and started playing.
I have spent hours watching footage, practicing at home and work with a towel. Or just holding a disc surgically evaluating my grip. I've spent more time just throwing into an empty field than on a course. Although I still play through a course almost every single day. I have 46 discs now, 3 bags. And TONS of accessories. The perks of working at play it again... I wouldn't be as into it if I didn't work there. But because I do, I have an AWESOME line up of discs. First runs, awesome stamps, 1990's champion plastics etc. when a new shipment comes in I get first dibs, or I even add my own wants onto an order. Jealous, I would be. But I also help people coming into the store find the best looking discs. I'll leave my favorite stamp for a customer and take my second favorite. I try not to be too greedy.
Anyway in my 3 months of playing disc golf I have:
Recorded over 40 rounds. Have a 2.53 Average, have gotten 2 aces, and just had my first recorded 400' throw this week.
I will be playing my first tournaments next year, and cannot wait to play in the tournament that made me want to play.
People have complimented me on my skill for being so new, my hard work, and my willingness to listen and learn from those better than me. I love disc golf, and don't expect I'll ever stop playing. Honestly my goal is to play in a PDGA PRO level tournament. But for now I'm just working hard, getting better, and getting to know my discs. My favorite discs to date, in order are: Truth, TL3, FD (gline), Sidewinder, Saint Pro, and Renegade.
See you out there!

Jealous, I would be.

Yes, but not for working at PIAS and all your plastic. I wish I had learned how to throw before I started playing and not developed bad habits. I can't believe you threw 400' after only 3 months and have 2 aces. That's pretty awesome!

Anyway, I got my first ace February of this year, shot par for the first time on a course and after relearning a lot of technique, finally threw over 350' flat. (I threw 600' off a mountain in my first year of playing and a fun 500' throw that was caught in the tailwind of an SUV driving by.)

Oh, and I got addicted to MVP/Axiom discs this year.

Broken the 400 ft barrier, hit two aces in a month, got my first sidearm skip ace, and have started going under par on a semi-regular basis.

Got my first two aces, can throw 300 with less effort and hit 370 every once in a while, played a few tourneys and thrown mid to high 800 rounds, finding a few birds on pins over 300, got a few new courses under my belt, took my birthday off from work and had an epic disc golf adventure, hucked 650 down the mountain in conifer, got a promotion, saved 10% on my car insurance and quit smoking (twice).:clap:

Got my first two aces, can throw 300 with less effort and hit 370 every once in a while, played a few tourneys and thrown mid to high 800 rounds, finding a few birds on pins over 300, got a few new courses under my belt, took my birthday off from work and had an epic disc golf adventure, hucked 650 down the mountain in conifer, got a promotion, saved 10% on my car insurance and quit smoking (twice).:clap:

That Conifer course is awesome, I played there while I was out there for my sisters graduation. Unfortunately that was before I started playing seriously and everyday. I can't wait to go back there. I have some cool courses where I live, but nothing like that Conifer course.

My post from the goals for 2014 thread:
1. Develop more accuracy.
2. Buy my second and third baskets.
3. Work on my course.

1. Mission accomplished.
2. Bought the second, hope to have the 3rd before January.
3. Have been hacking away every chance I get, have 6 hole hacked out of some very wooded and very steep terrain.

Early in the year I took out my x-step, and in so doing lost 40-60 ft of distance. But I gained some accuracy. I've gotten some of the distance back through better form. Over the winter I need to put in a lot of work on my approach game. I drop so many strokes from 150ft in, it makes me sick. It's probably the main reason why I am still rated under 880. My best rounds this year were my best approach rounds. Also, losing some weight over the winter would help....

Latest posts