• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is Flash

The sharp edges where the molds came together and some of the plastic seeps through.

It's usually around the rim, and wears off pretty quickly with use.

Flash

See the picture, then the close up. That excess plastic is flash. Imagine that all the way around the rim of the disc.

Attachments

• flash.jpg
    flash.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 88
We do overmolding and are required to remove the flash, I wonder why disc manufacturer's don't remove it? I've had some discs with crazy amounts of flash on both the parting line and what I'm assuming is the gate block (little circle on the back where they write the weight) seems like shoddy work to me to leave it on.

^^The amounts are so minimal and do not impact the final product enough to justify the additional process.

^"He" is likely a "product" of a "Google search," in order to provide an "example" of what "flash" is.

Well dip me in Chocolate and call me a Kit Kat bar...I thought that is what you fellers meant...but know I knows it fer sure...you're the greatest!

Used to make fun of a buddy who worked at an injection molding company on super small medical parts so he would give us his estimate of how much flash the disc had sounding ridiculous "Oh 1/1000" and looking at as well as feeling it all weird.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the 30's sci-fi character...:|

Or the Discraft driver.

Or Roscoe's dog from Dukes of Hazzard.

rosco.jpg

That's not just any army guy. That guy haz a bazooka.

Nice example of flashing btw...lol.. plastic army men. I took those guys everywhere. Backyard, beach, gramma's house, the other gramma's house, under the bed, in the crawl space, behind the couch and most luxurious way to play with plastic soldiers was on the couch with an afgan blanket fluffed up to make a little mountain. Hide those guys in the caves and pick off the German troops.

Latest posts