• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is Prodigy Street Team?

Would that be similar to the team trilogy program? where you save a nickel on disc if you throw all trilogy?

Would that be similar to the team trilogy program? where you save a nickel on disc if you throw all trilogy?

Team Trilogy is player-organized and anyone can join as long as their bag is exclusively Trilogy brands.

Prodigy Street Team is manufacturer-organized and members are selected (presumably through an application/invitation process).

Other than that, I suppose they're pretty similar. Players representing a brand(s) on their own dime with a few perks (discounts, exclusives).

Prodigy gets free grassroots advertising and you get to be "sponsored." Win/win?

Team Trilogy is player-organized and anyone can join as long as their bag is exclusively Trilogy brands.

Prodigy Street Team is manufacturer-organized and members are selected (presumably through an application/invitation process).

This is pretty accurate. The Street Team is comprised of people who are promoting the brand not just with their play, but in other manners as well. They get points and bonuses based on performance and they do have stipulations they need to meet to remain on the team (# of events played etc.) I don't know the exact details of their agreements with the company but it is more of a promotion role.

That's why I'm seeing so many advertisements/sponsorships on instagram then. Got it. Weird

The majority of people want to be part of a team.

Helps legitimize their participation in a fringe sport.

You pay 125$ and get each bag, hats, clothes, and 5 team discs. Then they get discs for wholesale. Then the normal social media requirements. And no bonuses.

I see it being really cool for people who really like prodigy but to switch your whole bag to prodigy and only get 5 discs..

You pay 125$ and get each bag, hats, clothes, and 5 team discs. Then they get discs for wholesale. Then the normal social media requirements. And no bonuses.

I see it being really cool for people who really like prodigy but to switch your whole bag to prodigy and only get 5 discs..

Is that something new for this year or are you talking chit? My friend is/was a street team member last year and said the only thing he paid for was the initial shipping cost of the bags, clothes and discs...

Last edited:
Is that something new for this year or are you talking chit? My friend is/was a street team member last year and said the only thing he paid for was the initial shipping cost of the bags, clothes and discs...

That was the 2017 offer my friend recieved

I have seen the announcements on social media today but I havent seen anyone claim to be sponsored. You dont have to piss in everyone's Cheerios. The two people I am fairly close to who are on the Street Team have been throwing all Prodigy for awhile now.

Its a cynical world but damn DGCR, chill out a little.

Desperation. Prodigy makes good discs with great plastic. If they could only fund their own r and d they would have a measurable amount of market share. NOw, its dismal with shelfs competing for everyone's brand they might soon be dust if they can't figure out an effective marketing plan.

This is not on that path at all, if you have to pay to be sponsered.

more info to come on my two cents...

Sounds a lot like the salient street team they tried to get going as their ship sank. Not pissing in anyone's cheerios as you so delightfully put it but I believe in educated consumers. An up front cost for goods to promote a company doesn't seem like a team deal to me but to each their own

Its a really good idea for prodigy, and any company at that. If someone is interested in a companies products and is willing to pay a bit and advertise for the company, what do they have to lose? The companies cost is covered by the start money covering the costnpf all the stuff at whole sale. It really is a great idea for a company but for an advanced player wanting to be sponsored they can get a company looking at them and hopefully get good enough to be moved up.

I remember the first time I saw a T-shirt with the big Nike Swoosh on it.
This is in like 1980-ish and I couldn't believe that they wanted me to pay to advertise their product...

If this is Prodigy's marketing plan then I wish them the best, really I do.
But in the grand scheme of things, it will not be the first time a company has asked people to pay to market their product.
Geez, guys, lighten up.