• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] What is the best Putt/Approach disc?

Klaus Nomi? Really? In a disc golf forum? Why do you insist on doing these things?

Klaus Nomi? Really? In a disc golf forum? Why do you insist on doing these things?

So you're saying you don't sing that song every time you throw a Lightning disc? And I'm the weird one? :|:\;)

:p:hfive::sick::popcorn:

I stick with the original Lou Christie version, thank you very much. :|

Without having read the previous posts I tend toward what I know others will disagree with. I say go with traditional big beads. Once the bead wears it the disc turns a little more. So I think they are the best PA discs. KC Aviars, Challenger, Wizards, ect...

I know some of the modern putters (breaker, ringer, I think there is a lat one but they are low profile high shoulder discs) that are making waves... But I still say go with the proven old school. When the bead wears out they become butter.

Also, baseline plastic. Premium plastic putters are for fools fooling themselves.

Last edited:
Without having read the previous posts I tend toward what I know others will disagree with. I say go with traditional big beads. Once the bead wears it the disc turns a little more. So I think they are the best PA discs. KC Aviars, Challenger, Wizards, ect...

I know some of the modern putters (breaker, ringer, I think there is a lat one but they are low profile high shoulder discs) that are making waves... But I still say go with the proven old school. When the bead wears out they become butter.

Also, baseline plastic. Premium plastic putters are for fools fooling themselves.
I see nothing in this post I disagree with.

I didn't do any fact checking, I just winged it, like Donny, but I thought this,

in-acc-patch-roc-white-black.png

was Innovas #1 disc.

I still think this thread is a bit ridiculous. But I recently ventured into Wizard land. Great off the tee, for approaches of many lines, and for circle putting. As a side note, RFF is awesome plastic. I haven't gelled with soft.

I gotta say that I've been making some great upshots with my Soft Proton Ion, which I also use for putting. I flies super straight and goes right where you throw it. I switched its duties with my Plasma Ion which I previously used for putting.

Woah there old timer. Big difference between old school discs and traditional ones. Poppy corny

Yeah but I just figured that would be Three Putt's frame of reference, since he's ancient and stuff. :|

Throw what ever gets you there :p !

Driver, mid, putter, understable, overstable, the biggest meat hook in your bag :D !

Just do what you feel and trust the disc!

Last edited:
I gotta say that I've been making some great upshots with my Soft Proton Ion, which I also use for putting. I flies super straight and goes right where you throw it. I switched its duties with my Plasma Ion which I previously used for putting.

I suggest trying electron plastic for putting. It's really nice. They make a soft electron too, but I'd if they do for the ion.

Since you said both putt and approach it's the kc aviar.

Second question: I love the polecat more than i love the aviar, but the aviar in its various incarnations is the better disc and the one that's in my bag. A beat kc aviar and a fresh one will do all the things a polecat can do and more. Still like the polecat more though.

Last edited:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

The truth of this world.

Yeah except i have 2 proxy aces and mad ion birdies this season alone sinkin putts with premium putters lol.

Guess what makes a good upshot/putter? Throwing well.

Latest posts