• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the best STRAIGHTEST fairway/mid disc?

I get tons of fade off my Z buzzz, was speaking to a guy last week who agreed. I actually use it as my bh/fh approach disc when i need to bend around stuff. ???? (ON A FLAT THROW)

I get tons of fade off my Z buzzz, was speaking to a guy last week who agreed. I actually use it as my bh/fh approach disc when i need to bend around stuff. ???? (ON A FLAT THROW)

If it's new, heavy, and Z plastic, and you're using it on approaches -200', that's normal. The time when a seasoned Buzzz really shines as a straight mid is those 275'-300' frozen ropes with just a little fade at the end. :thmbup:

I get tons of fade off my Z buzzz, was speaking to a guy last week who agreed.

I completely agree. The Z buzzz takes a good pull on it to get zero fade on its finish. I use a ESP Buzzz. That disc is SUPER straight when beaten in a little with almost no fade.:thmbup:

For laser straight shots throw a 180 gram Star Mako. If you want to throw farther, use a 150 Champion Leopard.

people like to hate on the stingray but it flys great for me. It's fairly straight with a little turn and then slight fade at the end for me when new and then makes a great hyzer flip disc after you hit a few trees

I personally find a X Buzzz is more consistent as a straight line mid over the Z at any range I throw it at. I assume it's because of the grip and the dome the X molds have. Less low speed stability also.

x buzz is the best disc that stays straight and never fades.

It is my 1st ace disc for a reason:)

I used my buddy's new Star Mako on some REALLY tight holes and it held any line I put it on and even on very low power shots it held on with a straight finish really well, very consistently.
I cant say I've thrown a straighter "out of the box" disc although I'm sure it will lose stability quickly.

try an element

I dont see any love for an element(evo plastic). Maybe because they are strictly a no wind tail wind disc or that they work for me and not many others. But they work great. lots of glide and little fade, with a tail wind i throw them 350 with a hyzer flip. I still throw rocks in most situations because nothing is like a dx rock but tunover or straight tunnel shots ive been throwing elements more and more. they feel great in my hand maybe yours too. try them out.

Latest posts