• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the Craziest Hole #1 in disc golf?

optidiscic

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
I prefer a warm up hole to start my round but I have played some crazy ones...so what is the actual craziest hole #1 in disc golf

Camden II's is pretty good. Not that long, but if you go in the crevasse it can turn into a long round REAL fast.

275'
8d381f01.jpg

--------------------------------

Centralia's Foundation Park - Champ 18 starts off with a long hole. Two tees and two pins shake out to 599', 789', 846', and 1036', depending on the day.

The always fun Summit #1. On bright days you have to let your eyes adjust to the dark of the forest, LOL. Only 200', heh heh heh.

62b1dd5f.jpg

Trinity Links 1st hole has two tees that play over the water, unless you take a circuitous route. Always fun to have the first shot over the pond. (New tee isn't listed, probably around 225').

0668b2c1.jpg

Last one for now, another pond shot at Roger's Lakewood. Not really 336', probably a 250' carry.

e215d4ec.jpg

A few come to mind that I have played

Little Lehigh Parkway, Allentown PA just 666 feet but only a sliver is inbounds and the oob line runs the entire right 2/3 of a fairway that bends to the right....pure evil 666.....I took a tourney triple circle 10 here and dropped from 4th to way the Fukk out of it on this hole

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?id=19&p=c7330c44

Quakers Challenge at Pinchot State Park in PA....just 242 ft but a 120 ft elevation gain...so the pitch is 6 inches gained for every foot of Distance.....Basically you are throwing directly up a cliff full thottle on the "warm up" hole

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?id=2315&p=6b239a5d

Maple Hill in Massachusets....you have no idea how bad you wanna crap your pants when you see this water carry off the tee here from the long tee....pics dont do it justice...you gotta stand there and feel the wind and see the dark pond below to fully experience it

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/media.php?id=119&mode=media&view=video#movietop

others are

Prompton State Park in PA blind hyzer downhill to the red basket on the always windy peninsula

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?id=1&p=1cd5d2ba

Paw Paw Woodshed to the center long pin.....over the pond and deadly

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?id=95&p=dea3f5af

Camp Sankanac in PA....over the river...over the bridge..over the street....through the wires to the pin tucked up on the wooded hillside....not really that difficult but just gets in my head and I have only hit this simple straight drive one time

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?id=4186&p=472d8b18

The always fun Summit #1. On bright days you have to let your eyes adjust to the dark of the forest, LOL. Only 200', heh heh heh.

62b1dd5f.jpg

Trinity Links 1st hole has two tees that play over the water, unless you take a circuitous route. Always fun to have the first shot over the pond. (New tee isn't listed, probably around 225').

0668b2c1.jpg

Last one for now, another pond shot at Roger's Lakewood. Not really 336', probably a 250' carry.

e215d4ec.jpg

I always laugh when I see people get out of the car at Rogers Lakewood, look at hole one, and then start on hole two. :doh:

What's the fun in that?! :D

As for Summit....*shudder*.

And I've lost more discs in the little pond at Trinity than I have at RLW's #1....deceptively tricky at times.

Whispering Falls

For me, it would probably have to be Whispering Falls in Greencastle, PA. I love hole #1... but I wish that it came mid-way through the course and not as the opener.

It's 717' long with about 300' of that before you get to the tree line. Then the rest runs through a light/moderately wooded fairway. The basket sits all of the way back where you run into the far/thicker/shadowed tree line and to the left a little.

Nice idea for a thread, btw!

picture.php

Last edited:
For me, it would probably have to be Whispering Falls in Greencastle, PA. I love hole #1... but I wish that it came mid-way through the course and not as the opener.

It's 717' long with about 300' of that before you get to the tree line. Then the rest runs through a light/moderately wooded fairway. The basket sits all of the way back where you run into the far/thicker/shadowed tree line and to the left a little.

Nice idea for a thread, btw!

picture.php

haha Oh Whispering Falls..love that course! I love hole #1 just a bomb literally from the middle of parking lot...haha..you park take 5 steps and are required to throw 400 feet or suffer a bogey..hahaha :hfive:

Hole 1 Maple Hill.

800+ feet, windy, 480' to clear the pond off the tee... landing in a pile of christmas trees... then an OB protected basket.

Yeah, I got nothing that compares with some of those. :eek:

Sky High in Wrightwood, CA has a pretty insane long pin position. Basket is set close to a major drop off (kiss it goodbye if it goes over with any sort of speed) and the wind can really blow up and over the top of the mountain (tailwind). The position I'm thinking of is to the far right in the pic on the site.

Camden II's is pretty good. Not that long, but if you go in the crevasse it can turn into a long round REAL fast.

275'
8d381f01.jpg

Centralia's Foundation Park - Champ 18 starts off with a long hole. Two tees and two pins shake out to 599', 789', 846', and 1036', depending on the day.

62b1dd5f.jpg

0668b2c1.jpg

e215d4ec.jpg

very nice.....definetely could see some locals taking multiple restarts/mulligans/do overs to start their round

Hole #1 @ Renny Gold

eb40060d_m.jpg

The tree right in front of the tee is harder to get past than it looks!

Very hard shot to start with knowing you need to kill the drive as well

Last edited:
Muldraugh DGC opener... Not that long but a very tight mando to start off the round with!

804d49f8_m.jpg

No picture, but would also like to throw out WR Jackson's hole #1... One of the hardest holes on the course (also a beautiful hole to start out with)

Hole 1 at Beaver Ranch really lets you know what you're in for.

It's only 213 feet, but it's straight the f*ck up!!

Hole #1 at Justin Trails Big Brother can be a pain when the corn is in. It's flat and straight, but 1025ft and NARROW. The pic on here doesn't do it justice because the corn is down, but when it's July/August and you miss with your drive, good luck finding it.

0668b2c1.jpg

This damn hole.....:rolleyes: I'd say the pro tee now is about 270ish with an awkward line over water.
EDIT: ^^ the pro tee is much further back.