• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the first real hole you EVER played?

Hole 1 at Rand Park, with an XD

b44502ec.jpg

It was like 35 degrees and the sun was going down, and of course my first shot was a 75' noob hyzer all the way down the hill to the left that took me a good 15 minutes to find, but for some reason I continued to play, lol.

hole 1 at lions park in shakopee, MN. i played this about three years before i started playing... how should i say... obsessively

view_image.php

Same exact hole for me. I played the entire course with my Ultimate Disc and still ended up beating my competitive but 'casual discer' friend by a few strokes! I didn't actually buy actual disc golf discs or play another course until about 4 years later. I think the first course I played with actual disc golf discs was Bassett Creek when it was still a 9 hole course.

503e9a54.jpg

Hole 1 at Knollwood, there was no snow.

Huntington Beach, around 1980. 2nd oldest park in the USA, and my friend's house backed up to the park. We used to go surf, then hit the park in the afternoon. One "frisbee", no bag, no drinks. Just started playing again last month, but now i live in Colorado. It looks from the HB photos that the course location has changed greatly from the original. The US championships were there around 81-82 and we hopped over his fence to watch that. I look forward to playing the course again someday.

You know, a buddy and I bought discs that day from the classic "dude in a van" in the parking lot. One was a Phantom+ and the other was an Aviar XD. I don't remember who bought what. It was '88 or '89, and I thought the whole thing was pretty dumb. The discs ended up in the trunk of my car, and I'm pretty sure they were still in there when I sold that car.

I'm glad your sense of humor isn't damaged :\ :| :\ :D

I'm glad your sense of humor isn't damaged :\ :| :\ :D
Nah, I was just reflecting on how underwhelming my first round of disc golf was. I really thought it was stupid. The only reason I remember what discs we bought that day was because I used to see them in the trunk of the car all the time. Whoever bought that car got some golf discs in good condition, because I sure didn't throw them much.

Last edited:
Nah, I was just reflecting on how underwhelming my first round of disc golf was. I really thought it was stupid. The only reason I remember what discs we bought that day was because I used to see them in the trunk of the car all the time. Whoever bought that car got some golf discs in good condition, because I sure didn't throw them much.

just giv'n you sh!t buddy! :D

Im 99% sure it was hole #1 at oak grove in springfield MO, and i was throwing a champ boss my buddy gave me now i throw a wizard at it

view_image.php

I have two first's at the same course:

In 1989 I first attemped to play disc golf at Calvert Road Park with a Wham-O 165g Ultimate Frisbee on Hole #1.

Fifteen years later, I played my first hole with a Innova Disc (Eagle) at the same hole at Calvert Road Park. Picture below thanks to TimG.

Attachments

• CP#1.jpg
    CP#1.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 9
Carey Park, Hutchinson, KS, Hole #1. July 17, 2003. 305'.

26b76b6d.jpg

I believe I took a 5 on this one the very first time, on my way to shooting a 105 for the round with my 150 class Innova DX starter set, another DX shark, and a DX Gazelle. I still have those original five discs in my closet.

And thus began a hobby.