• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the first real hole you EVER played?

Hole 1 Timmons park. Greenville SC

Tee
timmons.jpg

Approach
timmons2.jpg

Approach picture? The tee shot is the approach.

Mine was at a course at Ridgecrest conference center a VERY long time ago. This course is no longer in existence, but there is now a 18-hole course there in a completely different location (further up the mountain).

Other than that, it was Hole #1 at Bonclarken in Flat Rock,NC in 2009. I shot a 4 or 5 and have been hooked ever since.

I can't remember with certainty where I played my very first hole of disc golf. However, the more i think about it, I am 99% sure it was hole #1 at Ellison Park in Rochester, New York. Ellison Park was also the place where I got my first ace, but there were no witnesses!

Hole 1 Riverpark, Riverdale UT. 351' Bought an innova starter pack. Pretty sure I convinced 2 of my kids to go with me. They got the leopard and shark, and I played the whole round with a 149 aviar p&a. Basket is behind the big hill in a little horseshoe opening in the small hills further back. (the big hill has since been torn down.)
71k56h.jpg

Last edited:
i dont wanna say her name on the internet. she was a nice girl... great few minutes

I am REALLY glad this took until page #11. I figured it would have come WAY sooner considering how open to interpretation I left the name of the thread :doh:

Hole #1 Boone Woods Park (Old Layout) in Burlington, KY. I bought an Innova 150 class 3 disc starter set (Cheetah, Shark, Aviar) before I ever threw a single round. I liked regular golf, and I had a feeling I'd like disc golf. I'd been to this park a bunch growing up mostly to play baseball, and I always wanted to try "frisbee golf". I remember playing this course a bunch back then (late 90's I assume) with a friend of mine, but I can't really remember any specifics. I do remember how excited I was once I found out about Banklick Woods (now Lincoln Ridge), but I'll always have a soft spot for Boone Woods.

a1093191.jpg

#1 at Joseph Davis State Park in Lewiston, NY for a tournament I heard about in 1986. Brought all my freestyle lids and bought an Aviar and the rest is history!

I am REALLY glad this took until page #11. I figured it would have come WAY sooner considering how open to interpretation I left the name of the thread :doh:

it had to be done :|

with that being said my first hole of disc golf was played at lowgap park in ukiah ca. 256' or something, pretty wide open. a nice straight shot or some kind of anny. really nice lefty backhand hole

hole1.jpg

Hole #1 at the original Adler Park 18 in Libertyville, IL. I only wish I had pics of that original layout before it got reduced to 9 and partially redesigned. I loved that course so much!

I honestly can't remember what is the first hole I've ever played. I do know it was at either Riverside or Calvary Hill in St. Cloud MN. I tried to use pictures but I failed...

Latest posts