• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the first real hole you EVER played?

That was my first hole too, back when brewer had a front nine and back nine. Loved it back then, way more challenging then the back n forth wide open course it is now. Lost one of my first discs trying to go big hyzer over the cornfield that's now filled with condos.

Hole 1 East Coachman. I think I got a six. I hit the overhead branch. You know the crazy high one, that I wouldn't hit with a tommy now.

da4a9451.jpg

Hole #1 at Aumiller Park in Bucyrus, OH on July 23, 2009
67b9a166_m.jpg

Shot a 92 that day! Best score since then is a 52 - I think I got a little better!

Madeline Bertrand Pk in Niles, MI in 1986, here's hole 1, it's rather short like the entire course.

Bertrand1.jpg

Bellamy Park hole one in Dover, NH

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?id=336&p=cc3a8f08

It was quite intimidating to be throwing my brand new disc as the water was raging that day!

I just introduced my brother in law to disc golf at Bellamy last month when I was visiting him in ME/NH. Fortunately, when he put his first throw into the edge of the water, it was very calm and not raging. He threw LBBH and was expecting the disc to fly like a throw and catch Frisbee. He wasn't expecting a harder turn to the flight. Maybe some day he'll post on here that it was his first hole, too. :) Fun little course, btw. I really enjoyed it.

71da7907.jpg

Hole #3 (formerly hole#1) at golden hills dg course in christiansburg, va.

It's pretty much straight downhill and it's short. I still probably bogeyed.

I'm lovin' this thread... with all of my replies tonight. :doh:

Anyway, that would be an interesting hole to start to your DG experience! Fun little hole... but you probably wondered are they all going to be like this? And that's some course to play for your first time. I love GH!

Pleasant Hill Hole #1 in Scarborough, Maine with my high school buddy.
Par 5, 501 feet.

fef664ba.jpg

I just played this course, too, last month while on vacation. It was my first hole in Scarborough! :p What a stark contrast to the last hole I replied to from Golden Hills in VA. >500' wide open to <150' (I think) in the woods.

#1 at the course that once sat on the grounds of ECU... and i was schwasted.

Latest posts