• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the ruling on this one?

What??? Did you know the snake was in/on the basket when you putted? If so, I'm assuming you knew what type of snake it was before hand and that it was not dangerous?
That's freaking nuts...

It's no my picture, it's from a guy in our local club. I'd have yanked him outta there and return him safely to the woods, before putting!

Looks like a perfect time to practice throwing your fastest, sharpest distance drivers at high speed from short range straight at the center post! That's definitely a situation where discing UP would produce better results.

My Pop pop used to grab those suckers by the tail and whip crack them so hard they'd break their necks.

Theyre beneficial. Non-poisonous, not aggressive, get rid of rodents around the house.

This includes baby rabbits. My family loved to rabbit hunt and did whatever they could to create a safe haven. I'm cool with all snakes though, they've got enough enemies.

This includes baby rabbits. My family loved to rabbit hunt and did whatever they could to create a safe haven. I'm cool with all snakes though, they've got enough enemies.

Makes sense. Good luck with your snake swinging. Ever tried to jump rope with one?

At least it's not a big old spider. I hate spiders! Snake at least I could see from a decent distance to know to stay back.

Well clearly if you would have eagled the hole the snake would have been eaten then there would be no more snake. Problem solved.

I used to be scared of snakes but now when I see one on the course I get all Crocodile Hunter on it and try and grab it :D. Though that doesn't really effect your lie I would imagine during a tournament you could use the Dangerous Animal/Insect rule for relief.

Now if it was poisonous I would recommend taking your driver with the sharpest edge and throwing it as hard as you can at it.

You just ain't gettin your praise on till you're surrounded by rattle snakes! If that won't make you pray, nothin will!

No atheist in fox holes, or in this case, no atheist while surrounded by poisonous snakes.

At least it isn't a poisonous one!

Looks to me like someone just put the snake up there for the shot. No reason for a snake to be up there. This isn't some scary snake movie. Doubtful it was there before the putt.