• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] What is Trilogy's Thunderbird

What is Trilogy's Thunderbird?

• Convict

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Felon

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Thief

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Culverin

Votes: 46 67.6%
  • Spark

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Striker

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Northman

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Stag

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
Man, I'm always looking for good backup Thunderbirds because it's probably my most lost mold but every one i felt at the shop the other day was domey AF.

Man, I'm always looking for good backup Thunderbirds because it's probably my most lost mold but every one i felt at the shop the other day was domey AF.

I guess my point is, I'm interested in all the Thunderbird replacements.

Minor troll here, but honest. Why?

I hear Innova makes a great Thunderbird:|

/deadhorse of a comment

Just curious if Trilogy has made a better Tbird/PD clone since this thread. The Musket looks closest.

Now back under your bridge until you come off age, minor troll.

Culverin not nearly as stable as a Thundie in the wind.

Getaway is the closest I think.

Thread drift, sorry y'all.

So by Trilogy do you mean Axiom/MVP/Streamline cuz that's a Crave/Volt/Lift.

:D

Whoa Whoa Whoa. No Crave is as beefy as a Thunderbird. Volt I know and would say is similar, Lift no idea. I'm ashamed you wouldn't just let me retreat to my bridge Craves and Thunderbirds in hand (seperate ones, that is).

Thread drift, sorry y'all.

Whoa Whoa Whoa. No Crave is as beefy as a Thunderbird. Volt I know and would say is similar, Lift no idea. I'm ashamed you wouldn't just let me retreat to my bridge Craves and Thunderbirds in hand (seperate ones, that is).

Haha sorry for thread drift to who? The boys from '16?

I think we can agree we're just here for cheap entertainment.. I haven't thrown a lift... I just looked at the flight chart. Volt was my initial thought but I just wanted to hang out with the rest of you.....

YOUTUBE]

Oh right it says thunderbird, I always mix that up with teebird... Haha.

Dog doo, cat doo, meh either is pretty much the same.

Getaway for sure. Different hand feel (Getaways typically have more dome), but pretty darn similar flight. Close enough that you'll see just as much variance between Thunderbirds as you will comparing a Thundy to a Getaway.

Getaway for sure. Different hand feel (Getaways typically have more dome), but pretty darn similar flight. Close enough that you'll see just as much variance between Thunderbirds as you will comparing a Thundy to a Getaway.

Ugh yeah the Getaway is similar but it just feels like doo doo to me for some reason.

A Trilogy Challenge Sampo is as close as I've thrown to a Champion Thunderbird. Culverin is very similar to Thunderbirds in other plastics.

I would say the fortress is the closest as far as stable PD's go. I agree with other comments that the culverin is far less stable than a PD.

Ugh yeah the Getaway is similar but it just feels like doo doo to me for some reason.

This explains why I didn't like the Thunderbird. Maybe we can't like both, like a cosmic anomaly. The Getaway flips up, goes straight and far, then always fades back at the end. I bag one.

This explains why I didn't like the Thunderbird. Maybe we can't like both, like a cosmic anomaly. The Getaway flips up, goes straight and far, then always fades back at the end. I bag one.

Never thrown the Thundy much, I've always been more of a PD guy (the weirdo that likes the anhyzer top). The Getaway I have just feels clunky.

I bought one of the Opto x Muskets today, the skull stamped ones. I threw it for a few holes where I'd throw a PD and it's close. Flies similarly to a really stable S-PD I have. Scooch of turn if I hit it hard, solid fade, decent glide. Rim feels a bit wider and a little domier than I prefer but so far so good.