• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What kinds of plastic do you throw?

What kind of plastic do you throw?

• Total voters
Whats sad is I love Pro but there just isnt a lot of options for that plastic. R-Pro doesnt count and X to me is somewhere between R Pro and Pro and not quite equivalent. Thinking about some Millenium plastic though.

I have a mix of Sirius, Millenium, Champ, DX, ESP, Gateway S and whatever Lightning calls it's base plastic. I'm really liking the new Sirius Polaris LS. I just ordered it's backup yesterday.

Just checked my current bag.
18 discs, nine of them in Star plastic, so it would be my fav.

I throw several of those, but about a third of my bag is DX (Rocs, Gazelles, and Whippets, with some KC Pro in there) Avengers and Preds are Z, Surges are ESP, Voodoos are S plastic.

I voted DX because is the largest number, but I also throw more Rocs and Gazelles in a round then anything else (except for putting...)

Elite X, Elite Z, Pro, KC Pro, DX, Champ, Star, ESP. Lots of variety in my 15 disc bag. Generally favor the premium plastics because I want to be able to buy a disc off the shelf that will perform the way I like it. Breaking in takes too long.

I voted dx. I love base plastic discs, they have more glide and much better grip, and they're cheaper and easier to replace. I do carry some premium plastic discs, but it's mostly for overstable stuff that I don't want to break in.

in my experience pro glides better than any other disc and it is the best feeling plastic by a long shot for drivers. on the other hand champion i find to be a little more predictable so i use it for fairway drivers. i voted pro.

I prefer:

for drivers: Star (with a couple Champions) LOVE the Star grip!
for midrange: all (Star "flat-top" Roc/Elite-Z Comet/KC-Pro Roc/DX Shark)
for putters: Pro (Pro-Rhyno/WizardSSS/Elite-X Challenger)

It is almost never one kind of plastic and as many people have stated it can be very situational. I wish the poll allowed you to vote for more than one because of this.

I would need multiple options in order to vote. I throw all different kinds of plastic, one kind no more than another.

Dx, champion, CE, star, and zero