• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] What mids do you bag?

I have a Ghost.

And a ghost.

And a Stingray.

And a ghost.

I did order a few S Warriors though. I'm hoping they start a bit more stable than my ghosts for a better bookend. Also wanted to see how they cycle. Also wanted to try a Gateway disc that's not a putter. I learned they made things besides Wizards the other day :p

I have a Ghost.

And a ghost.

And a Stingray.

And a ghost.

I did order a few S Warriors though. I'm hoping they start a bit more stable than my ghosts for a better bookend. Also wanted to see how they cycle. Also wanted to try a Gateway disc that's not a putter. I learned they made things besides Wizards the other day :p

Loved this post. I threw a Wizard the other day for the first time. It was funny, missed a not impossible long putt in the woods with my Magnet. CStout says, "hey man, try this" and hands me his Wizard. Tossed it up... and whaddya know, bangs the chains. I didn't even put much thought into my putt, just threw it up there.

Loving these responses guys, I need to take time to look up the flight characteristics of the other discs I'm not familiar with to see if people are like minded and carry the same "set up" of mid types.

Rancho Rocs and a Champ Gator..

I also Throw ALOT of Rhynos where most people would throw a Midrange

I bag a Yao, that's my only true mid. I have Harps that I use like a mid, and Tridents that I kind of FO as well, but there are a lot of people who whould say neither of those are mids.

I interchange my putters and mids and essentially treat them as the same.

BT Soft Swan 2 for approaching
Lucid Warden for driving
VIP Harp for specific drives
Opto Claymore for precision and turns
BioFuzion or Lucid Truth for most shots
BioFuzion or Lucid Verdict for solid finishes and or resistance to turning

Rancho Rocs and a Champ Gator..

I also Throw ALOT of Rhynos where most people would throw a Midrange

So tempted to get a Gator or really any Roc/Roc3 but I feel like it's unnecessary since I have a Shark3 and use my Trident as a utility disc for when I have to get around a tree or something.

I bag a Yao, that's my only true mid. I have Harps that I use like a mid, and Tridents that I kind of FO as well, but there are a lot of people who would say neither of those are mids.

I thought the Trident was a mid when I first discovered it but then saw it was classified as a slow driver. When you compare the profile and shape of the Trident I would say it's definitely NOT a mid.

Opto Core plus Z & FLX Drones. I liked the Wasp for a bit, but it can't fight winds like my Drone or Trident. If I need something less stable than a Core I throw an Aviar, Anode, or a Drone sidearm. I like the fuse, stratus, comet, and meteor, but I can't trust them at all with any wind. Fun discs to throw in a field, but I'll never trust them on the course. So it's nice having equal distance and consistency RHFH & BH :)

I bag a Buzzz, and that's it. Cut out Rocs and Pains. If I want it to fade hard, I put hyzer on it. If I want it to go straight, I throw flat. If I want it to turn over, I turn it over. A friend of mine has the same philosophy with Roc3's. Dude can crush any course we play with a Destroyer, Roc, and Aviar. It's maddening, really.

i love rocs. i have been carrying 4 rocs but had to swap 2 of my white ones out because of snow recently and discovered another dx that filled a slot, so now 5 rocs.

i also just got a star san marino roc in a trade so i want to try that out as well. :thmbup:

180g new champ rancho - OS
177g new dx flat top rancho - straight with fade
177g seasoned kc glow flat top - straight flier regardless the line
175g beat dx flat top rancho - recently added, turnovers
172g beat to snot rancho - oldest disc in my bad. this thing will not go left (rhbh)

I bag a Buzzz, and that's it. Cut out Rocs and Pains. If I want it to fade hard, I put hyzer on it. If I want it to go straight, I throw flat. If I want it to turn over, I turn it over. A friend of mine has the same philosophy with Roc3's. Dude can crush any course we play with a Destroyer, Roc, and Aviar. It's maddening, really.

Mostly this. I have some other stuff for VERY specific shots, otherwise it's Buzzz or even a putter all day.

Drone (approach OH, huge flex shots, tunnel>dogleg, etc)
Cobra (very bad footing, rollers, certain grenades)

z comet, z comet, x comet and whatever stable mid I am currently enjoying.
I always like the aftershock but never love it. I love the buzzz but don't throw them much over my comet when I do have them in the bag. Currently hornet. I could see new z hornet, beat z hornet and my comets being a winner.

I like to have a stable mid that can handle some wind, like a Pain, and neural workhorse like a Buzzz or Warship, and an understable mid I can anhyzer, like Stingray, Tursas, or Fuse.
Same here. I don't really carry an OS mid, I have drivers that are better at that.

Normal bag: ESP Nebula, Proline Squall, Opto Fuse

Other bag: P Vector, N Tangent*, P Axis

*probably replaced by a Theory when I get around to getting one.

2 Suspect (1 beat, 1 fresh) and 2 or 3 Truths. If I need overstable I can push the Zone to mid distance or power down a Firebird.