• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] What mids do you bag?

Right now:

Z Buzzz
Atlas
Drone

I just took a Flying Squirrel out of the bag...may try something in Discraft's US mids. Also, the Atlas and Buzzz are battling it out right now...damn you DGCR Atlas. I've never thrown a straighter disc than that thing.

8x KC Pro Roc 180g
DX ZoneDriven Ontario Roc 180g
DX Maceman FT Rancho Roc 180g
SuperRoc 180g
Champ Stingray 180g
2005 Champ ZoneDriven 180g (only used during spring/summer/fall)

Right now because of Winter

180g Icon Ghost
179g Protege Ghost
180g Icon Gauge
180g Champ Stingray
179g Legend Ghost Gunmetal (only spring and summer)

Tangent - 90% of my mid shots are with my Tangent - variety of lines
Roc3 - when I want a fading finish

Recently picked up Fuse and a Theory I'm going to try out. Maybe too much overlap with the Tangent... we'll see...

Depends on a few factors: the course, the conditions, and the circumstance(tourney or not), but for the most part the most I'll carry is five, the least- one. The one being an M3. A 400S M3 is my pick for one disc rounds as well as field practice. Like the Roc(literally and figuratively) it's a very versatile disc.

My full bag has 4 Rocs. Till this year it was
3 Dx Rocs-various stages
1 Roc3 -overstable

This year-The Roc3 has beaten in to a straight flyer. So atm
XT Roc-overstable
Roc3-Straight
2 Dx Rocs

By next year I expect it to look like
2 XT Rocs 1 overstable 1 straight
1 DX newish -for everything as backup
1 DX roc - flippy
The Roc3 will stay in the backup bag in case of loss.

It's my understanding that you don't need anything more than a cheetah and an aviar...

Old jokes aside I'm doing rocs and comets right now.

OS - Evo Element-X
slight OS - Buzzz Ti or Lucid Truth
neutral - GL Core or Star Atlas
slight US - 400g M4
US - Icon Gauge or Evo Element

Don't always carry them all - course dependent.

1 Champion Gator
1 2nd 1st Run Z Buzzz
2 ESP Buzzz's

It's nice to throw premium plastic when you don't play very often because the discs always fly like you remember. But I've always preferred the feel of a good DX mid.

I'm planning on playing a lot more this year and might start cycling base plastic mids like the old days. Maybe the Gateway Karma?

Z Buzzz
Glo Buzzz
Proline Squall

Not bagging an overstable one atm, but I use the Glo when I need a bit more stability.

The mids I own: Meteor, M5, M4, M3, M2, Drone

But I only carry 4 mids at any time:

My (current) winter bag has all blue discs and I carry:
-M5 -Understable
-M4 -Straight-slightly US
-M2 -Straight-slightly OS
-Drone -Overstable

My summer bag is made of all white discs and I carry
-Meteor
-M3
-M2
-Drone

The M4, M5 and Meteor are pretty interchangeable. It depends on conditions and course.

Winter means poor footing (typically) so I like to carry more US discs to help with the loss of power generated by the legs and footing.

Summer I carry discs that are generally more stable, but I tossed the meteor in the mix because it was an old favorite and I just picked up a Glo Meteor thats tooooo nice to just re-sell.

Z-Buzzz OS, Z-Buzzz, ESP FLX Buzzz, and Z-Meteor. You'd think I was a Discraft guy...but my mids are all I carry from them. I feel like these 3 have a fairly consistent feel to them, so I can throw them all very similarly with very different results.

Also, the Atlas and Buzzz are battling it out right now...damn you DGCR Atlas. I've never thrown a straighter disc than that thing.

The first time I saw someone use an Atlas was at Riverside Park in West Bend. #8, with the basket in the staight out position. The thing never turned either way, just a laserbeam and laid it up.

I bag at all times:

Verdict Lucid (longer fade shots and fh)
Truth Fluid (long straight)
Warship TP (long slightly understable)
Tursas TP (understable, turnovers)
Suspect Lucid (shorter, straight with fade at the end)

Tensor, Alias, Theory or Buzz OS, spider, panther. Sometimes a ghost if I wanna mix it up. All depends on what I feel like throwing.

My mids are still a work in progress

Z Drone--Beefy OS/Utility
Theory--US

Just put these in the bag:

300s M2--Stable/Moderate OS--Hoping to make this a cycling mid
SP Squall--Stable/Neutral--Flies like I want my M2 to fly when it seasons