• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] What new discs are you carrying in 2016

I am however though looking for a good stable putter that's slightly more shallow than a wizard. I have a pro d zone that isn't straight enough yet. So if anybody has a good suggestion I'm game.

Warden. Judge. Might also look at the Discmania P2.

I am however though looking for a good stable putter that's slightly more shallow than a wizard. I have a pro d zone that isn't straight enough yet. So if anybody has a good suggestion I'm game.

Envy. So good. Proton and soft neutron are the most stable. Good fade. Neutron is slightly straighter and plasma is glidier and straighter than neutron.

Get an Envy. They are fantastic.

EMAC Truths - because they're all around money
Wraiths - Forgot how nicely these pair with the DD and Destroyer
PD - I've been throwing Thunderbirds, but I got a new swirly PD that's fantastic right out of the box
TD - Took it out for a while, but I've been working it back into the bag
Justice - Hasn't made the bag yet, but I'm messing around with it

Tell me more about the Destiny. What is it most like, and what did it replace? Is it the longest disc for you?

Sorry took me a day to reply, played in the tour de Richmond today and got busy.

Destiny is going to be hard for me to explain. I have 325' power for reference, and as a result high speed drivers are something I mostly stay away from. My bomb disc is a gstar tern. I'd say the destiny is a touch more stable than that, but my tern is pretty well worn in now.

Of discs I've thrown, I'd say it's most similar to the colossus, but again maybe a touch more stable at my arm speed.

It didn't replace anything for me, but it has found a place in my bag. It is by far the farthest disc for me; tons of glide. I have effortlessly hit distances that I've only touched with my tern once or twice many times with the desiny already. It's a little touchy for me, and I think that's the wide and deep rim. Just not used to it.
Cheers

Wraith - my tiny baby hands seem to have an easier time gripping the Wraith rather than the Destroyer

Harp - I was all Innova and Discmania for several years there. I always felt they lacked in the OS glide-less putter. The Harp seemed to be the disc I've been looking for. It's in between a Gator and Zone for me. Not nearly as fast as a Gator, and as OS as a Zone. Just the right amount of both.

Bard - I tried one and I really like it. Basically feels like a OS Roc3 to me. I basically took out my most stable Roc ('01 remake that I always feared that I'd lose) and the Gator because of this disc. Trusty OS flight.

Wizard - I used to putt with Wizards, but a few years ago I got a deal on some Yetis and switched. Well, now I switched back. Those PWP Wizards, with the chalky, grippy, low-profiled shoulder! Man! Those are some great putters. Also, I previously had a Nova and a Scale in the bag. But I've got a Wizard that I'm seasoning up to where I won't need a different mold for the same shot. One putter to rule them all.

I've tried so many dam discs the last two three years as I got back in the game. So many good ones that sit on the shelf. This year I'm not sure what I'm taking out but I gotta make room!!

As of recent the longbowman has been new for me. Plasma envy super light 160 grams has been a bit easier on the arm.

The new innova driver can't think of the name has been giving me some easy d in gstar category still too cool to grip those big rimmed drivers unless the plastic is g.

Last edited:
The Thunderbird is my most recent. As a long time Teebird and OLF thrower, it really fits the spot I was hoping the PD would years ago.

Another new one is the Gator. I've wanted to try one for a long time and it has really impressed. It made the bag immediately.

I'm trying out some Outlaws and I love them so far. I have 3 in the bag currently. Also, not really new, but I'm throwing Buzzzes back in the bag after a while of not throwing them. Carrying 3 and a Wasp which is also "new".

EMAC Turth and Culverin. Two of the best new Trilogy releases since the Felon IMHO.

Still hoping to add one or two out of Catapult, Cutlass or Defender into the bag. Just have to see how they will jive with the Trespass-Enforcer combo.

The Thunderbird is my most recent. As a long time Teebird and OLF thrower, it really fits the spot I was hoping the PD would years ago.

Another new one is the Gator. I've wanted to try one for a long time and it has really impressed. It made the bag immediately.

What are the similarities and differences between Thunderbird, OLF, and PD for you? And what weights and plastic do you throw them in?

What are the similarities and differences between Thunderbird, OLF, and PD for you? And what weights and plastic do you throw them in?

My main Orion are 1.2 QOLFs. I think they're 172-174.

My new Star Thunderbird is heavy, something like 176.

The Thundy ends up fitting between my Orion, one is still very beefy and Eagle X like. The other has been beaten in since 2010 and flies more like an Eagle L.

I've tried a few of the plastics of PD, the P-line was too high speed understable, the C-line was dumpy at low speeds. The S-line was a good medium.

The Thunderbird has a good forward fade and reaches similar distances to my OLF with about 10% less power than the PD I have thrown. I'll be interested to see how it breaks in. Hopefully it stays like a long Teebird.

New to the bag in 2016 :
Catapult
Colossus
Destiny
EMAC Truth
Pure

Back in the bag :
G* Aviar P&A
Halo

Removed :
Firebirds
Kings
Swans
Non-EMAC Truths

The only change so far was from a Wizard to a Kastaplast Reko. I'm starting to ponder replacing my Escapes as well.

I switched from Avairs to Daggers and removed the Diamond from my bag and replaced with a F7

Somebody (MST, I think) had a bunch of Axioms marked down around Christmas. My 158g Crave has come to be my favorite straight fairway, so when I saw an Inspire and a Clash--billed as being understable and more stable counterparts to the Crave--both available in 158g, I got them and put them in the bag. :) I'm still working with them, but they are not yet impressing me. :\

I'm trying out some Outlaws and I love them so far. I have 3 in the bag currently. Also, not really new, but I'm throwing Buzzzes back in the bag after a while of not throwing them. Carrying 3 and a Wasp which is also "new".
I keep thinking to put at least one Buzzz back my bag, but then find myself unwilling to pull the Axis out to make room for it....

1. Star Xcaliber - hurricane headwinds, dogleg right forehands, etc.
2. ESP Zone - replaced my Z Buzzz OS.
3. Gold Line Saint Pro - when I want a Thunderbird with some high speed turn.
4. VIP Shield
5. 400g D3 - long annys that come back, dependable straight driver with a little turn and a little fade
6. Champ Leopard3 - when I want a Teebird with some high speed turn
7. Ti Buzzz - a little more overtable than Z Buzzz

Latest posts