• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] What new discs are you carrying in 2016

I think the only new mold in my bag currently is a Star Tern (and that's not really even a new mold since I used to bag a champ Tern a year or so ago). Not sure if it's all Star Terns, but the one I have is not nearly as understable as I was expecting. It's closer to a champ Tern than to a Katana, which suits me just fine. I expect I'll throw in a Tyrant whenever Jamie gets around to releasing them, but otherwise I think I'm sticking with the "tried and true" this season for once. We'll see how long that resolve holds. :)

Revamped my drivers to:

ESP Nuke
ESP Force
ESP Flash

Will see how these older Discraft drivers work out over time. Trying to get away from shallow and plus rims in so much of the new stuff, even Innova and Discraft.

I thought the OP meant molds that came out this year that you added to the bag.

If not for me, that would be my whole bag except the Viper, Polecat, Scale and Serpent.

A1. It's my favorite new disc in years!

I've been rockin' an A3 off and on depending on the course. I'm really enjoying that disc a lot.

The A1 didn't really do much for me that I didn't already have covered in my bag. Good disc, but the one I got was bubblegum pink, domey, and very firm so I didn't bag it.

Switched over to putting/throwing P2s this year and haven't looked back! Also, the CD2 is taking so many shots on the course that I can't kick it out of the bag! That may have been thrown in 2015, though...

No new molds, but I am tossing a star rancho roc. Never thrown a rancho in premium plastic before. Really like it.

I added an Opto Culverin right when they came out - it's a good compliment to a Phenom. I got lucky and found a Gold Line version which I like even better. It's a touch less OS and has more glide. I also added a couple S-FDs to compliment my Rivals.

finally got a PD. what took me so long? hit an ace with it after 4 rounds with it. so accurate in the 250ft to 320ft range.

new to me in 16:
Atom
proxy and envy - not sure yet, just testing
A1
FD - really like this one
TD
CD
PD
Outlaw - diggin it for Os max D

What disc do the Reaper or Talon fly like? The Reaper is more overstable right?

I am thinking about picking up a Talon.

Hard to say what disc it flies like, small rimmed overstable discs are rare these days haha. But yeah, they are both overstable, the Reaper has more fade. In Big Z plastic, they are less OS than their Big Z predecessors. I would put the Reaper at 8/4/0/3.5 and the Talon at 8/4/0/2.5, I use them as a tandem. The Talon slots nicely between the Reaper and my Champion TeeBird.

Only new ones to me are zone and colt (removed pig and summit). Don't expect anything to change the rest of the year.