• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What putter do I need?

skinner21

* Ace Member *
I really like a stiff disc. I currently have a CryZtal Challenger and I really like the way it feels, but it's so hard that it gets crazy rolls and bounces. I hate floppy putters, but I love the way soft plastic sticks to the ground and chains.

Any suggestions?

Floppy putters are really the only ones that don't roll as much (they will all roll of course).

Try an FLX challenger? They are not that floppy, just flexible.

I have very little roll away with a Soft Pro Rhyno. It's very stable and digs into the ground instead of rolling off. It works great for me as an approach and driver disc.

Yeah my Pryno is my second putter...used when I need to fade around a tree and stuff...or sidearm.

What I don't like in a putter in a soft flight plate, and FLX just seems too flexable for me. When I use a fan grip it feels like I'm holding a pancake.

Banger-GT Soft X. Its soft but I think the thumb track in a way keeps it firm.

Yea.. Vibram is a shoe company, they put the shoe logo into the center of the disc, its like melted in.. so if you dont mind that they are still useful discs

Banger-GT Soft X. Its soft but I think the thumb track in a way keeps it firm.

I agree with this, but it depends on the Banger. Some, especially the white ones, are pretty floppy. I have a couple that are nice and stiff though.

You might want to try Gateway S or SS putters also.

I'm just glad to hear someone else uses the Rhyno, I love mine, don't get excessive roll out of it. I also have the DGA Blowfly II, very floppy, but it sticks to everything pretty much, so it might not be for you.

I agree with this, but it depends on the Banger. Some, especially the white ones, are pretty floppy. I have a couple that are nice and stiff though.

You might want to try Gateway S or SS putters also.

Gotta be careful with the S for gateway. Got a couple that were not soft at all. Might be good with SS but SSS would probably get in the realm of too floppy.

I also love Rhynos. A friend has one and the only reason I dont is I like my Bangers. Only other putter I might be tempted to try is a Pig or something very overstable for a putter.

The VP is a great disc. I've used it exclusively for almost 8 months now. Its like a Ryno/Wizard,Challenger baby. Not as overstable or as fast as a rhyno, but more glide and SUPER durrable. The new firm plastic is killer. The original firm was floppy and I did not like it.

Its definately worth a shot and if you don't like it I'll take it off your hands.

I'd get a challenger in the soft elite x. It has some nice give to it but is not at all floppy like the soft pro-d plastic.

I'd go with a soft or medium wizard. The surface of the disc is pretty soft, but the inside is quite firm. I read something on the Gateway website about this, apparently the soft plastic migrates to the outside of the disc during cooling (or something similar, I read the article a while ago). This results in good grip, without the floppiness of other soft putters.