• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What putter do I need?

I have found little difference in putters. Focusing more on technique then what the putter may or may not do. I have to control it, not let it control me.

Why the hell are there so many recommendations for soft putters when the first thing the OP said was, "I like stiff putters."?

Stiff putters stick and stay just as good. You get a much better, consistant release with stiff putters

I think its all preference...my wife putts with a friggin tortilla. (R-Pro prototype XD)

If your getting a lot of rolls, you may want to evaluate you putting style and not your putter. I have friends that like to hyzer putt which causes a lot of rolls. I hate soft putters, and I find that I am a lot more accurate with a stiff putter. I use a KC Pro Aviar. I use a version of the push putt method which has a flat release, and when I do miss, I am rarely far from the basket.

It's not so much on misses, per se, but on bounce outs. I used to use an Aviar, but the new Challenge, which I really like, seems to love to roll if it hits anything Clank off the top, roll for 30 feet, a little tink-tink off the basket, roll 30 feet, chains spits you out, roll 30 feet. I might be exagerating a little, but that's how it feels.

One reason I love the Titanic is the way it hits and just settles in the chains. I don't think I have ever had a blow through with my Titanic. It loves the chains.

I throw a 172 SS Magic and must say that it is such. Also, they are easy to find.
although i still putt with wizards I must say been throwing all of gateway putters this summer and I too did love the magic. for me the wizard works out the best but i do believe ALLOT of people would love throwing the magic as their putter. I was knocking down some real long putts right away with it. not the greatest approach or driving putter but super straight putts. Allot of aviar/magnet throwers would prob fall in love if they gave the magic a chance. glad to see some love spread for the magic on here and I was thinking of that disc when i typed out the post lol;)

I had a Magic, and I didn't care for it. The Magnet mold is my favorite. The Titanic is just the Magnet in good plastic.

Super soft wizard from gateway is not floppy and has plenty of stick, JK pro aviar is a little stiffer but is still softer than a regular aviar, but I like my classic aviar, its a straight flyer but rolls a little bit.