• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What the hell happened with Catrina at the Memorial?

Mental midget. You could have easily ignored this thread yet you felt compelled to rant.

I can't help but notice, your posts are generally centered on other posters, instead of the thread topic. I know this sort of poster is prevalent on many social media platforms, but it is generally not seen that often here.

You seem to be under the impression that degrading and name calling elevates your opinion. I mean, you can disagree without feeling the need to devalue the person with an opposing viewpoint.

I hope you strive to be better than that and contribute to the topics. I am confident you have a lot of positive input, just waiting to burst upon these pages. :thmbup:

Maybe you don't realize that you are doing this. I hope this is received in the positive vein it was meant to be delivered.

Mental Midgets, i have never understood the everybody be totally still wait for the people walking 3 fairways over to get out of the way. I have to wait for the wind to die down cause that tree branch in my peripherals is gonna make me miss this putt. Zone in and make your shot, putt whatever. Once i step up to my disc boom tunnel vision. Any blame on anything other than execution is just an excuse to not blame yourself.

yeah I totally forgot that at college basketball games, everyone behind the basket is expected to sit silently and not move while the opposing players attempt free throws

I can't help but notice, your posts are generally centered on other posters, instead of the thread topic. I know this sort of poster is prevalent on many social media platforms, but it is generally not seen that often here.

You seem to be under the impression that degrading and name calling elevates your opinion. I mean, you can disagree without feeling the need to devalue the person with an opposing viewpoint.

I hope you strive to be better than that and contribute to the topics. I am confident you have a lot of positive input, just waiting to burst upon these pages. :thmbup:

Maybe you don't realize that you are doing this. I hope this is received in the positive vein it was meant to be delivered.

Cool. We have different uses for this place. No worries.

Getting a bit melty, friend. Maybe some work on that DGCR posting mental game is in order.

can you link that thread? I may have a nervous breakdown at some point today based on your and rockets handily taking me to the woodshed :|

I have changed my opinion based on this. Cat is the strongest mental game player the FPO field has or will ever see. I am stupid, my opinion sucks, my mental game sucks and i am destined for failure. Thanks interwebz

can you link that thread? I may have a nervous breakdown at some point today based on your and rockets handily taking me to the woodshed :|

I have changed my opinion based on this. Cat is the strongest mental game player the FPO field has or will ever see. I am stupid, my opinion sucks, my mental game sucks and i am destined for failure. Thanks interwebz

Here's the deal, friend. You came out guns blazing calling people mental midgets and then boasting how laser sharp your mental focus can be. I admittedly had a little fun at your expense to which I was told to pound sand. I jokingly said it appeared you were having a meltdown to which you responded by melting even further. So maybe that DGCR posting mental game comment wasn't much of a joke after all. I didn't realize you were so fragile. My apologies.

Oh and ah...I'm the one with the rockets. Not Hampstead. At least, not that I am aware of...:p

Wtf are you even talking about anyways? Who is trying to take you to the woodshed lol?

Just pointing out some silliness is all...

yeah I totally forgot that at college basketball games, everyone behind the basket is expected to sit silently and not move while the opposing players attempt free throws

I think I'd rather have a wall of homogeneous movement and noise than being able to hear a single person talking and your brain can't help but understand the words, or one person walking around. Of course I try to identify the situation and focus through it, but there is definitely a difference.

The same argument about how PGA players don't want any noise, but MLB players can hit a 90MPH ball with 40,000 people doing as they please around them.

I totally forgot that disc golf took its origins from college basketball.

Here I thought it was from golf, which is a bit more reserved/polite.

I totally forgot that disc golf took its origins from college basketball.

Here I thought it was from golf, which is a bit more reserved/polite.

i was also thinking about this.

golf the target is in the ground and disc golf is not. So while people are putting in golf backround movement is less noticable as they are looking down. In disc golf you are looking straight ahead. i believe that if the gallery's grow this is going to be a problem for some people who don't like that backround distraction.

I feel for Catrina. If a camera operator had refused to move for my putt after I politely asked him, I'd have been furious, too, and I'm sure it would have affected me for a while afterward, especially if I had missed the putt.

I had the same thing happen to me at Worlds in Wisconsin. The kicker was she(the photographer) and her Husband are well respected and liked in the disc golf world so I looked like the dick when I asked her to move. Her Husband was running the course course for Worlds too and the guy was nothing but salt, but that is a whole other story.

I feel for Catrina. If a camera operator had refused to move for my putt after I politely asked him, I'd have been furious, too, and I'm sure it would have affected me for a while afterward, especially if I had missed the putt.

and I am not comparing my game to a Pros what so ever, because I suck.

I have to admit, I agree, this is a First World Problem. In the Third World, if you're starving to death, you're excused if you lack manners, for eating without waiting. In the First World, if someone asks you to do something easily accomplished, and you give it a pass cause, I don't know, you're a rat turd? then you're a jerk. And when you stand your ground, insisting that it's your right to be a rat turd, such that another person comes up and asks you to please be polite, and you double down on your rat turdishness, well yeah, that's a First World problem, because only in the First World do folks think that treating other folks like dirt makes them... cool?

usually looks like she doesn't want to be out there to me.. i'm not sure why she puts herself through it if 4th place isn't good enough..

We must be talking about different people. Cat is one of the fiercest competitors on tour. The lady is a champion of the highest order, and if you that she is displaying some sort of of "doesn't care" attitude, you're gonna need to get a new prescription.
4th place isn't good enough for people that want and expect to win. She's a pro.

This is akin to the people that call athletes "cocky" for saying they expect to win. OF COURSE THEY PLAN ON WINNING.

I have to admit, I agree, this is a First World Problem. In the Third World, if you're starving to death, you're excused if you lack manners, for eating without waiting. In the First World, if someone asks you to do something easily accomplished, and you give it a pass cause, I don't know, you're a rat turd? then you're a jerk. And when you stand your ground, insisting that it's your right to be a rat turd, such that another person comes up and asks you to please be polite, and you double down on your rat turdishness, well yeah, that's a First World problem, because only in the First World do folks think that treating other folks like dirt makes them... cool?

I'm pretty sure if someone in the Third World were trying to putt, and a camera man was in her / his way, they would ask the camera man to move.

I filmed Catrina at the Masters Cup in 2013...I was behind the basket she was on the tee for hole 300' away. She asked me to move....I thought it was a bit ridiculous given how far away I was and not in direct line with the basket but I moved.

I'm pretty sure if someone in the Third World were trying to putt, and a camera man was in her / his way, they would ask the camera man to move.

So you agree, if someone asks you politely to move, then you should, first world or third world?

Latest posts