• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What the hell is a "Cubby" ace?

^^^What he said. "please it's disc golf", how can you make it look bad? Are there some sponsors out there waiting for the image of disc golf to improve before they donate big $$$?
It's a recreational sport and no one outside of disc golfers give's a rat's arse.

harr0140, my comment you quoted was sarcasm.

What makes you so special that you can say a guy, who you know nothing about, is a liar? BTW, look at his PDGA page. He's got way more wins than you and is rated higher than most of the people on this board. He's also been playing a long-ass time.

I never called him a liar. I never read the part where he claimed these weren't Cubby aces. I guess I just watched and used my brain. You kind of seem to be saying that you can't tell the difference so unless David Blaine explicitly tells you that he is not using magic, you assume he is using actual magic.

I wouldn't say ruining, especially not in Cubby's case, but I'm not convinced he's helping either.

It's not "Cubby hating," it's just looking at it at face value. Take a step back and pretend you're a random guy that's never heard or seen disc golf before. You see Cubby's youtube vids and what you see is a rotund guy wearing an old, stained shirt and sweatpants professing to have a gajillion aces. Not only does he look like a slob, but he makes it look like any out of shape slob can dominate this sport. Whether he likes it or not, he's an ambassador to the sport b/c his vids give the game so much exposure.

If you were hiring a guy for the job of "disc golf ambassador," who would you most likely hire? Cubby in his stained sweats or someone like Feldberg with his dri-fit polo and nice ball cap?

let's just say i'm a random guy that's never heard or seen disc golf before and i start reading dgcr...

What makes you so special that you can say a guy, who you know nothing about, is a liar? BTW, look at his PDGA page. He's got way more wins than you and is rated higher than most of the people on this board. He's also been playing a long-ass time.

I have talked to him and seen the video where the disc changes color in flight. He says he throws multiple discs. He does not fake his cubby aces, but they are not genuine aces. Off the top of my head I believe cubby is 924 rated and it is all short game. He is money under 200 feet. He is not a liar, he just has a different definition of ace, which is what the whole issue was. I disagreed with his definition of an ace.

i met cubby at the jersey jam july 16th he is a nice guy and the course he plays at [rutgers] has real short normal layout, one hole was 50feet? others were a mixed bag. and alot of the basters have one bottom catcher and everything drops when hitting the chains.

^^^What he said. "please it's disc golf", how can you make it look bad? Are there some sponsors out there waiting for the image of disc golf to improve before they donate big $$$?
It's a recreational sport and no one outside of disc golfers give's a rat's arse.

harr0140, my comment you quoted was sarcasm.
As long as you're content with saying, "it's disc golf, who gives a rat's ass" that's fine. Unfortunately, most of you same people are the same ones that complain about courses getting vandalized, or pros not getting paid enough, or too much litter, no courtesy from players, etc. You can't have it both ways. Either you want DG to have a positive image or you don't care, that's all I'm saying. Would I want to have a beer or play a round with Cubby? Hell yes. Do I want him as one of the mouthpieces of DG, not necessarily.
let's just say i'm a random guy that's never heard or seen disc golf before and i start reading dgcr...

That's a really poor analogy as you're alluding to, I shouldn't have to tell you that. The vast majority of posters on the boards (plural, b/c DGR is just as guilty of disreputable behavior {**absolute effective communication for the win**}) are recreational players and/or have no financial incentive to behave ourselves. Cubby has an image to protect. Grant it he's not a spokesperson for MLB or NBA but he still draws pretty big water by disc golf standards. I don't see Blake_Takkunen filming himself chowing down at Rutgers cafeteria trying to put some more stains on his sweats b/w ace runs at 50' baskets.

I think he does a good job on DGM and I enjoy his videos. I really like his video of Buchmiller Park in Lancaster, PA since I've played it, too. The quality isn't the greatest, but I think that they're having fun.

Last edited:
As long as you're content with saying, "it's disc golf, who gives a rat's ass" that's fine. Unfortunately, most of you same people are the same ones that complain about courses getting vandalized, or pros not getting paid enough, or too much litter, no courtesy from players, etc. You can't have it both ways. Either you want DG to have a positive image or you don't care, that's all I'm saying. Would I want to have a beer or play a round with Cubby? Hell yes. Do I want him as one of the mouthpieces of DG, not necessarily.

I haven't played tournaments in years and never complain about vandalism, I am not kidding when I say the courses here are well maintained.

You make a good point to the people who say that, but I have said for years this is just a recreational sport.

Latest posts