• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What the hell is a "Cubby" ace?

sorry for the double post my internet sucks atm

Last edited:
I like Cubby acing on youtube more than I like watching him on DGM.

i disagree, seeing him on DGMagazine makes me shrug the fact that he wastes hours and hours throwing for pointless aces and posting them on youtube. he's a pretty good commentator imo and at least he's doing something serious for the sport..

cubby doesn't claim to have nearly 500 aces on video. he doesn't claim to have nearly 500 aces- he knows the exact amount- nor does he claim to have all of them on video.

I met Cubby today and he told me he got a practice ace at Ellison. He no longer calls everything an ace. He was a great guy and even offered to give me a disc he played with after the round. I did not accept it. It would not be right for me to take the man's disc when he thinks he is giving it to a fan, when really he would be giving it to the perso who has said the most negative stuff about him.
I was stubborn about cubby, but he is a good guy who loves the sport and really wants to help it. I focused on one small aspect of what he does that was negative (in my opinion), I was being a hater.
I am done trash talking about cubby and wish him 400 more aces, even if they are "cubby aces" :p

CUBBY.jpg

Cubby rocks.
You both look like you were either caught in a storm or sweating like pigs.
Glad you got to meet him, wish I had the chance.

he is a good guy who loves the sport and really wants to help it.

I've met Cubby once or twice, and I agree with this statement. Nice guy who really likes the sport. I think his work schedule has changed, allowing him to play more disc golf, so I've seen him at a couple New Jersey tournaments.

This is awesome! Another ace and you met him on the same day....He truly is an ambassador for the game up here in the Mid Atlantic......I'm glad his health is back and he is playing again. Great Story PreRube.

Oh my god I laughed so hard reading about all the people who believed that Cubby would walk to the basket, set up a camera, walk back to the tee and "ace" with his first shot. If you were ever one of those people, PM me!!! I have a disc built with invisible magnets that are so strong you will have to fight to keep the disc in your hand if you get within 100' of a basket. I sell them for only $20 and they look just like beat up DX plastic so no one will ever know!!! ;)

Oh my god I laughed so hard reading about all the people who believed that Cubby would walk to the basket, set up a camera, walk back to the tee and "ace" with his first shot. If you were ever one of those people, PM me!!! I have a disc built with invisible magnets that are so strong you will have to fight to keep the disc in your hand if you get within 100' of a basket. I sell them for only $20 and they look just like beat up DX plastic so no one will ever know!!! ;)

I have yet to see a video where there is a disc on the ground somewhere. If he walks back and forth to get the disc out of view, he wouldn't be so round. Show me a video where something doesn't look right. As for the second part of your post, you're an idiot.

Did you tell him how he was ruining the sport like you said you would? If not, you're such a liar, Rube.

We talked about his aces, but if you read the post you will see I was trying to be mature, what kind of douche tells a guy he is ruining the sport he is about to compete in.
I no longer feel that way, I think he makes aces look easy, and THOUGHT that was bad for the sport, but aces are such a small aspect of the sport, so what is he ruining .007% of the sport?

Your going to get flack!!!! Whats funny is guys probably think guys are going to act like they act on here! Would anybody on here actually go to cubby and say your a d---!!! blah blah blah .....NO! Prerube always attacking the new guys on here always pissed me off but if I actually met him in real life I'm not going to beat him up! I'll see if he wants to throw a round and get a beer!

I met Cubby today and he told me he got a practice ace at Ellison. He no longer calls everything an ace. He was a great guy and even offered to give me a disc he played with after the round. I did not accept it. It would not be right for me to take the man's disc when he thinks he is giving it to a fan, when really he would be giving it to the perso who has said the most negative stuff about him.
I was stubborn about cubby, but he is a good guy who loves the sport and really wants to help it. I focused on one small aspect of what he does that was negative (in my opinion), I was being a hater.
I am done trash talking about cubby and wish him 400 more aces, even if they are "cubby aces" :p

CUBBY.jpg

i have said it before, cubby's enthusiasm and love of disc golf cannot be matched. he is a little goofy at times, who isn't, tho. he is an unbelievably happy and generous person and is a blast to be around. i never agreed with how he defined an ace but that's a silly reason to miss out on knowing such a great person.

We talked about his aces, but if you read the post you will see I was trying to be mature, what kind of douche tells a guy he is ruining the sport he is about to compete in.
Well, in a thread that's now deleted, you said you would. So, I guess you're a douche by your own definition.:doh:
I no longer feel that way, I think he makes aces look easy, and THOUGHT that was bad for the sport, but aces are such a small aspect of the sport, so what is he ruining .007% of the sport?
Hmmm, seems like I've tried to tell you this exact same thing before.