• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What was the first disc golf disc that you threw?

I was given a DGA beginner set that included a Reef, a Squall, and a Flattop Cyclone, all 150 class. I started with the Cyclone and it just went sideways. I never did learn to throw that one, but I finally did have enough success with the Squall that it kept me in the game.

DX Raven, I think I threw it about 150 feet. I had played with an ultimate Frisbee a few times before deciding to get a real golf disc from PIAS.

First few times i played, the guy who introduced me lent me his Vision. Nice disc but a transparent disc in the hands of a total noob = a lot of searching. Think it took me six or seven throws to finish a 350´ hole; four of them might have been putts, though.

my first ever disc was a 150g DX Shark.. i still have it .. then a few days later i got a DX Aviar, heavy DX Shark and DX Sidewinder .. the dx shark i could maybe get 150ft backhand when i first go it out on the course... would pretty much just throw it straight up in the air lol

When I was in college, a course opened up nearby and I went to Wal-Mart and decided to pick out a driver, mid, and putter with the coolest stamps. Ended up with a TeeBird, Gator, and Rhyno (all DX, all ~ 170g). I think the first one I threw was the Gator off tee #1 because I let my brother throw the TeeBird (but it could have been the other way around). Every throw that day was miserably bad. So bad that I ended up not playing DG again for almost 2 years... until I met some people that knew enough to explain the discs to me. I still have the Rhyno and it's hanging on my wall, while my brother has the Gator on his. The TeeBird is resting at the bottom of a lake. :(

Something from the Innova beginner's pack, a Leopard, Shark, or Aviar. I'm guessing the Shark, but that's kind of a guess. Either way the D was something like 150'-200'.

First time I ever threw was during my first round, at Moraine. Crazy to think that was the first place I played - I'm pretty sure I shot over 100. :D After catching the bug and playing in New Orleans for a few months, I realized that that was a pretty brutal first course. ;)

DX Roc....at Tyler State Park in 2001 with a co-worker who introduced me to disc golf. I threw it on a disc golf line and probably flew 250ft...it was a lucky throw as the next one was a noob hyzer.

DX Jaguar at the object course my friends and I made up at our high school. Threw it 3 times and went back to my lid.

Black DX Shark at Sugarbottom DGC in Iowa. I was really good at throwing normal Frisbees so I thought it would be easy. My first throw hooked hard left. Then I learned the power grip and the rest is history.

DX Stingray if I remember correctly. I have no idea how far I threw it. That was quite awhile ago. It's still a great disc to throw.

A yellow Marauder if I remember correctly. My pal had found it on the course they'd installed across the street from his house. Went farther than the random frisbees we were using, only way crooked. 1992.

Dark blue/red stamp, 167g Dx Beast, rim is pretty beat now
have not lost it yet
can throw it about twice as far as when I first started with it a year ago

i have no idea and i find it strange. i played with that disc and an aviar that i still have for three years. (4-5 times a year)

i lost that one in a pond and replaced it with a leopard. that was just before my frequency of play took off.

i know it was a fairway driver and that it was whatever the guy in the clubhouse recommended for a a first timer. pretty sure it was innova. but i have no idea what disc or even what color it was.

About 12-15 years ago I bought 3 DX Sharks at a local sporting goods store, thinking it would be fun to try with my children. We played at West Lake in Winona, once. None of us were really hooked at that point, and the Sharks sat in the garage the next 10 years or so. When my son came back from college playing disc golf, he roped me in, and I cut my teeth on those Sharks: well 2 of the 3, my son lost one. Still have the blue and red ones.

Dx teebird and aviar p&a. Borrowed then for 9 holes. Probably flicked the bird 250'
By the end of the next day I bought a magnet and dx orc and was flicking the orc 300'.

Latest posts