• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What was your first bag?

Fade Lite, then Fade Tourney, then DGA Gelz on that, then Grip A. I won't be changing any time soon.

My first bag was a Discraft Weekender. At the time (2003 or so) my bag was something like:

2 DX XD's
10X KC Pro Roc
#2 Slice
2 DX Eagles
Champion Eagle

I should put that bag back together and see if my scores change much. Not gonna hunt down a 10X, but it would still be interesting. I do wish I had a smaller bag for quick 9-hole rounds, maybe I'll pick up another Weekender!

10059600.jpg

^^^^ This was my first disc golf dedicated bag. But I used a generic gym drawstring bag before that.

~$10 green soft shelled cooler from Walmart I found in the garage, replace with a yellow one that was laying around. The yellow one last for close to 4 years, ~500 rounds+, with the help of some duct tape.

When it fell apart I used a super cheap Lightning starter bag, it last for over 150 rounds. Replaced it with an Innova Deluxe. The Deluxe is a nice bag but at some point I plan to add a small, 7-11 disc bag.

- drawstring nylon bag
- Fade Crunch
- Lat64 Pro Bag with the tool belt gel straps that were comparable to DGA Gel Strapz
- Voodoo Mojo with Phenix Quads
- Gorilla Boy Silverback (used ... had it for like 2 months)
- Gorilla Boy Silverback (new)
- BHB Ergo (original ... had for 2 days and got rid of as I wasn't a fan of the way that the flap opened)
- Voodoo Spinal Tap
- Grip ... had it since last January and not planning on a different one anytime soon

... still have the Fade Crunch and Phenix Quads as a backup/loaner bag.

I used a fanny pack that held about 7 discs for around 3 years. I wore it while I played and loved the quickness of it. Then I got bit by the disc golf bug and needed to increase my storage (for discs and beverages). I ordered myself a Fade Tourney LE bag, some Fade Weather Straps and a Huk Lab stool. I like this setup a lot, but sometimes I don't need to haul that much junk around with me. A couple days ago I just ordered an UpperParkDesigns Focus bag. I think between the Fade Tourney and the UPD I should be set. It should be here on Tuesday so we will see how it works out :)

A 2.00 used diaper bag I got at a garage sale

My friend who got me into DG had an Eddie Bauer diaper bag that he used for years. It was perfect for about 12 discs and the pocket for the baby wipes worked for a putter pocket.

My first bag was a made over messenger bag that my wife cut down to fit my discs. After a year or two I got a Fade Crunchbox. I have back straps for it, which is a bit ridiculous, but it's way more comfortable, and I can stuff 16 discs in it, so it's big enough. I "graduated" from that to my current bag, another homemade one. This one is an old army gasmask bag that my wife converted to be similar to a nutsac. It's got a secondary strap that goes around the middle so you can throw with it on and it hugs your body still. It holds 7-8 discs, which I'm perfectly happy with. I am debating getting a Fossa Tana at some point. I can't imagine ever carrying that many discs, but for longer days I could fit all my accessories on it like my stool and such.

Orange Crunch Box. Still pull it out from time to time for smaller field work sessions and throwing around at the park.

Graduated straight to a Simian, which has my disc golf heart.

A blue Innova Deluxe Bag. I still play with it. That said, I'm actively looking for a tad bigger bag.

small LL bean tote bag. it held about 6 discs and a bottle of water...

I'd sometimes show up to the course with boat shoes, trousers, and a shirt and tie with the tote bag with my valkyrie, comet, leopard, dart, and roc3 in the bag and play whole rounds with the local pro's/open players who were trying to to laugh (but in fairness I was pretty damn good for a beginner and always had free beers too... the free beers are what helped me get in with the dudes!).

then an innova standard bag...

I swore I wasn't going to turn into a "disc golf nerd" and get a DG backpack... now have a UPD Shift and Grip C14 and probably will get a grip A14 soon....:eek:

i started bringing shorts, regular tshirts and sneakers after when I played with these high school kids who swore they thought i was one of their substitute teachers.

Last edited:
Started on a small, black CHING disc golf bag.
Later upgraded to a navy blue Lightning Medium Bag
Then a red/black Innova Competition Bag...

And now sporting an all-black A-14 Grip Bag and loving it.

I tried to make my own bag at first. It didn't go well.

Then I got a Latitude 64 Slim Jim.

Then ol' Crunchy.

Then a Ranger.

I never use the Ranger anymore. I don't carry enough to require it.

Started with the small fade bag, then got a innova standard. My brother got me a fade tourney bag for xmas in 2013.

6 months with a drawstring bag
3.5-4 years with the innova standard
1+ years with the Salient Catalyst backpack

1. Plain Canvas tote with recycle logo (very briefly)
2. Small used lightning (very briefly)
3. BassPRo 360 Extreme Qualifier. - my big fishing bag. rolled with it over a year and a half. Rugged plus. legendary for beverage capacity. Only added a beefier shoulder strap and some innova accordions. Returned to fishing bag duty now.

Latest posts