• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What was your strangest shot?

Last week my buddy threw a skip shot that stood up on edge and started to roll. It rolled probably 20 feet and then just stopped standing up . It turns out there was a little twig the disc was leaning on to hold it up right.

My buddy and I were playing on a very windy day. He had about a 30 - 40 ft putt dead into the wind. Being a noob, he tossed a little floater that went about 1/2 way to the basket, did a 180, and went straight back over his head and landed another 20 feet behind him. I'm still reminding him of that effort 2 years later.

I griplocked on this hole once and went through the railings (both sides) of the bridge in the pic. It faded back before it went in the water and turned out to be my best shot ever on the hole.

o_O

that's insane.

there's a tree on hole 6 at river hill dgc whose trunk splits into 3 smaller trunks about 20' off the ground... i've gone right through that gap at least three times. almost aced the hole the first time, and it's always good for birdie.

threw a backhand roller and a vicious crosswind swept across the fairway and literally took the disc off the ground and took it for about 100 feet. It was pretty cool to see.

Tee shot on #18 @ Moraine went OB in the crick. I couldn't see over the tall bank in front of me, so I just chucked a roller toward where I knew the basket was. Parked it for the drop-in, circle 4 par.
It must have been about 150' or so. 174 Wolf. The b$tch was that I didn't get to see it!

Roadrunner

Was playing a round with a couple of friends yesterday @ Gunn Park. Quite a windy day. (Hey, ToTo!!! We're still in Kansas ;))

We're on the 15th (471ft) and it's my box. The wind dropped off, so I grabbed my Roadrunner. The wind did an abrupt return as I released. Went about 100 ft out then turned over really hard. As, I'm x%(#@! to myself for a bad throw. Well it the ground a runnin' and the wind keep it upright for a roller to the post for a leaner. OMG :eek: First Birdie ever on 15. I was pretty stoked.:hfive: All Around
3da2f7b2.jpg

Last year, I threw a putt into a little bit of a tail wind from about 25 feet out. I overcompensated and threw it a little to high, and hit the number sign on top of the basket. It then slid off the top towards me and the wind blew it right into the chains.
A few weeks later on a different hole at the same course, there was a pretty beefy head wind I had to put into. So I threw my shark at the basket pretty hard and it hit the top of the basket, deflected up and forward, and the wind blew it straight back towards me into the basket.

Last year, I threw a putt into a little bit of a tail wind from about 25 feet out. I overcompensated and threw it a little to high, and hit the number sign on top of the basket. It then slid off the top towards me and the wind blew it right into the chains.
A few weeks later on a different hole at the same course, there was a pretty beefy head wind I had to put into. So I threw my shark at the basket pretty hard and it hit the top of the basket, deflected up and forward, and the wind blew it straight back towards me into the basket.
I've seen that happen before.
I was practicing putting before a tournament, a friend came up to the tee and yelled for me to move, he was going to throw a drive from 225' away. We were good friends and I always busted his chops so I stood where I was with the basket 10' to my right, looking at the tee daring him to throw. Which he did, the disc landed 5' in front of me and skipped into the basket for an ace.

My buddy threw a shot and we all went thats gonna be an awful shot it was to high and left of the basket gonna go way long and be way left, but then it clips a tree branch and drops maybe 5 feet from the basket.

My strangest would have to be a putt probably 25+ ft out and the wind pushed it up a little high, and it caught the top of the basket where the number plate should be and kinda spun around it and sat there

I had been in the middle of a multi-year ace drought and was playing the now defunct Fox Meadows. It was a long grass plains type area with only a few small pine trees scattered about. I drove into the mind with a special blend orc. The wind was strong, maybe 35-40mph and it was about 280' to the basket. It picked my disc up about 83' and as it got about to the distance of the basket it dropped like a rock straight down...and in. Since then the aces have flowed freely, usually a couple a year.

In a tournament at Hudson Mills on the Original course Hole 18. My drive landed behind a bush on the left and i could not see the basket, but was about 175' out. I threw my flick on a forehand line with about 60 degrees of anny. It flexed out and was headed WAY right, hit a tree branch and dropped 10' from the basket for a par save.

black ace on a windy day. threw a champ monster but the wind got under it and carried it WAY left straight into a basket about 100ft away from my fairway about 300 feet out. Weather was miserable so I was the only one playing, so i had no one that i had to pay that one out to! les go!

Threw a thumber off the tee, it flipped and slid on the flight plate, got kicked up and rolled to the basket about 280 feet away

Yesterday, playing by myself at my local course(vista del camino) on hole #4 260ft position, basket is straight ahead on the side of a decent bank, tree to the right just before the basket, and tree right in front blocking the straight path, threw a meteor on a hyzer flip and saw it go wayyy up in the air, right away I'm thinking its way too high and is gonna stable out, NO, somehow starts to turn towards the basket and seems to be picking up speed, and like it was in slow motion, heads straight towards the chains, ACE!! only my second ever, it felt awesome!