• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What white disc takes dye the best?

Lanzer913

Par Member
Looking to dye a white disc and iv bought two different innova white disc and neither are taking the dye worth crap. Help.

Star plastic should take dye well. DX, and Pro won't take dyes that readily, if at all.

The best are unstamped MVP Neutron. You get a nice, clean slate to work your magic on.

Marshall Street has a bunch of unstamped Neutron discs. That's where I would start looking. White might be a little more difficult to find though.

Edit: They have plenty of white blank ones...just checked.

Last edited:
Marshall Street has a bunch of unstamped Neutron discs. That's where I would start looking. White might be a little more difficult to find though.

Edit: They have plenty of white blank ones...just checked.

Thanks just ordered one.

Of the opaque plastics, I'd say Latitude 64 Gold Line plastic takes dye the best and has the best 'hold time' (the time it takes a dye to spread). MVP Neutron is a close runner up. Star plastic looks great initially, but dye will spread over time. ESP/FLX... meh. Prodigy discs haven't really been out long enough to know how their hold time is, but it looks like it'll be in the Neutron range.

just a thought.

if you've bought two different discs from innova and haven't dyed them successfully, take note of whether or not you're using new RIT dye and whether or not you're using DX plastic.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30082 - good for which plastics to try.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38339 - talks about RIT dye and its replacement, idye poly. i know you've already done a few dyes, but i bet some of the info in these threads would be helpful. :)

as far as instant gratification for the thread goes - star, champ, z, x, neutron, goldline, opto, etc. pretty much any non-dx type plastic will take. how much it pops depends on the opacity of the disc. zero soft/hard/eze will not take either.