• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What will be in Mcbeth's bag?

He definitely threw a orangeish Ti Undertaker with the mcBeast stamp, if that's what you guys are thinking of?

,,,and that redZ force that I thought was a bar/team stamp I guess could have been a mcBeast stamp. I didn't get a good look at it.

Hole 1 on the 2nd round (the McBeth Spotlight) that is a reddish/pinkish Z with the McBeth stamp. Definitely different than the pink Z / sparkle Z undertaker that he throws on 6.

But it does appear to be a Force now that I look at it again. It's just not the Red stock stamp Z you see him throw on hole 8 or the ESP he threw in round 1 coverage.

Then it appears again on hole 12, he actually puts down the stock stamp Z and picks up this same reddish/pink Z from hole 1.

[edit]: Definitely a different disc than the bright orange Ti MB Undertaker thrown on 18.

Last edited:
I actually thought the same thing: A lot of forehand zone approaches.

To be fair, that is something he specifically mentioned he was excited about adding to his bag this season. He certainly doesn't appear to have been lying about that.

...inb4 the
attachment.php
comments...:D

McBeast is really taking to that Black Zone :popcorn:

I think it's a 50/50 thing.

50% he loves having that shot in his bag that he feels he never has.
50% it's safe. You know what it's gonna do. Takes away some minor uncomfortably with new discs especially on slower pop up hyzer flips.

So that's at least...

3 Lunas
1 Mczone maybe 2
Blue Ti Buzzz
JB Wasp
Drone(purple Ti)
2 Trackers. orange Z and orangish flydye Z(might have been a 4point)
2 Undertakers orange Ti Sig and Pink Sparkle Z
Z Predator yellow
4 Forces 2 redZ and 2 swirly ESP

So that's at least...

3 Lunas
1 Mczone maybe 2
Blue Ti Buzzz
JB Wasp
Drone(purple Ti)
2 Trackers. orange Z and orangish flydye Z(might have been a 4point)
2 Undertakers orange Ti Sig and Pink Sparkle Z
Z Predator yellow
4 Forces 2 redZ and 2 swirly ESP

You have to figure the Kong makes it in there soon.

And I also think the Heat will make it for rollers and the Crank for complete bombs, neither of which was needed at this course for him.

What are the chances that he's throwing that Tracker just to see the sales spike? Kinda like he supposedly did with the Krait years ago...

I've never thrown a Tracker, but I'm surprised he isn't throwing the new Raptor for those shots. Didn't someone from Discraft mention a big push for the Raptor coming up at either LVC or the Memorial?

What are the chances that he's throwing that Tracker just to see the sales spike? Kinda like he supposedly did with the Krait years ago...

I've never thrown a Tracker, but I'm surprised he isn't throwing the new Raptor for those shots. Didn't someone from Discraft mention a big push for the Raptor coming up at either LVC or the Memorial?

0% if it's really OOP like others say it is.

Appears he's having difficultly dialing in his angles and that most of his new discs are more OS than he's used to. I was surprised to see so many brand new discs in his bag, Paul used to throw the same discs for a long time (thus nicely worn in). I thought he would be bagging a lot more hand me downs to help. Clearly bagging more molds than I expected as well. I'm guessing he's still not comfortable picking a winner out of all the available choices in each slot. It will be interesting to see how much has been changed by the Memorial (which I am still expecting him to win).

In order to win anything though he's going to have to get that putter under control. It might be his worst back to back days of putting I've seen in the last 5 years of tournament coverage. I still find the Luna an odd choice for his putting putter but completely understand why he would want a putter made specifically for him. People flocked to the McPro just because of him and I suspect many of those have already picked up a Luna.

Tracker and Raptor aren't even close. Tracker is more like a Teebird / Eagle and Raptor a Firebird.

I was a little surprised he was throwing it, but it does make sense to have something in between the Predator and Undertaker in stability, but I would have guessed he would have landed on Stalker.

It's really OOP and it isn't nearly as stable as a firebird-clone.

Tracker would be similar to a faster tee-bird. It's also got a very comfortable rim to FH grip.

They never should have discontinued it, great disc that is very versatile. Discraft stopped making a lot of the molds from the same time period for some reason.

In order to win anything though he's going to have to get that putter under control. It might be his worst back to back days of putting I've seen in the last 5 years of tournament coverage. I still find the Luna an odd choice for his putting putter but completely understand why he would want a putter made specifically for him. People flocked to the McPro just because of him and I suspect many of those have already picked up a Luna.

I seem to remember him having trouble with the putter at this event last year also...

Discraft has been so dead for so long that most of their "OOP" discs can still be picked up very easily from lots of retailers that have years' worth of NOS sitting around. Part of the reason I was jumping on the Discraft wagon last year before it became a bandwagon...

Tracker and Raptor aren't even close. Tracker is more like a Teebird / Eagle and Raptor a Firebird.

I was a little surprised he was throwing it, but it does make sense to have something in between the Predator and Undertaker in stability, but I would have guessed he would have landed on Stalker.

I've thrown one Champ Eagle and one MF Teebird3. Both were flatter than normal Teebirds, and both made decent forehand discs- even though I can't forehand a normal, domey Teebird for crap. If a Tracker is close to a flat Eagle/Teebird3, then I could see how it would make a decent forehand disc- especially if the rim happens to be barely wider.(never even seen one, so I really don't know how the rim width compares.) Come to think of it, I guess McBeth used to throw his MF Teebird3 for forehands some.

And I thought I had read/heard someone say that the new Raptor isn't quite as overstable as a Firebird?? Is there any chance that the Raptor might have a barely narrower rim than a Firebird/Predator? Obviously I haven't thrown one, so any thoughts I have on that disc are pure speculation...

McBeast is really taking to that Black Zone :popcorn:

It is kind of a workhorse disc by the fact it is a reliable, stable putt/approach. That slot is likely to see a lot of work in most pros bags. He was working it though.

Discraft has been so dead for so long that most of their "OOP" discs can still be picked up very easily from lots of retailers that have years' worth of NOS sitting around. Part of the reason I was jumping on the Discraft wagon last year before it became a bandwagon...

You don't really seem to know much about Discraft, but seem to have a strong opinion about the company?

Lol.....it not a rumor. The only others saying it is OOP, is Discraft.

You don't really seem to know much about Discraft, but seem to have a strong opinion about the company?

I definitely wouldn't call myself any kind of expert on Discraft. Or really anything disc golf related, for that matter. But I do know that I started looking into Discraft's products last year before they signed all these new players, and there were lots of brand new discs for sale from several vendors that obviously had been manufactured years beforehand and just been sitting on shelves. That's not an opinion.

Coupled with how little attention any thread on any of their discs here on the forum got, especially compared to now, and they had definitely gotten pretty stagnant compared to other DG companies.

Latest posts