• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what would you add?

MotoDj

Double Eagle Member
ok, how bout a bag critique...

right now my "mainstays" are

putter magnet/wizard

mids
meteor
buzzz
wasp
drone

drivers least stable to over

avenger ss
roadrunner
crush
firebird/pred

Last edited:
i slipped and had limited time to edit the above... sorry

so, bh i'm throwin buzzz's round280 flat tunnel shots, maybe 300+ if i throw higher, but in the woods i usually goto a driver/line drive type shot...
my rr goes 340 or so, crush the same... but i'd have to use height to get it there
i can throw both my putters over 280, but usually use mids over the 150 markor more

i have lots o discs... but these are my main bag so ta speak
i dont really have a max d disc yet - i have a protana to try out...
i need a comfortable fairway driver, all i have to try really is a teebird and an avenger ( you can look in my disc organizer) its up to date
but i can go from buzzz to crush and kinda skip the faiway mold

just switched from wizards to magnets... we'll see how long it lasts, sofar so good

mids i'm covered, wasp and drone kinda overlap, but they each have their spot in a full bag
sidearm i use the crush, fb/pred, or mids - have yet to try my flick
overhands i use the monarch, firebird combo, they cover all i need (or all my arm can handle)
bh drivers is where i'm lackin, i'm thinking bout just sticking with my star teebird for all driver duties just to "get used to it", i like it, but i hardly use it, even at my distance the crush is the best stable driver i've ever thrown - tried an avenger for its spot, but its pretty much the same with a slight s line... but its overlap
the avenger ss i have (crystal) is one flippy disc- rarely use it, but with a tailwind, its my anny disc, the rr is my baby, its flippy - but i trust it for annies

ok, so i'm up for some advice.. you think i need a fairway driver? courses round here only have a few holes where"distance drivers" are even needed, mostly wooded, tight type a area... my mids get used a lot... and whether or not its "right" ... i have become used to using the high speed discs as my only drivers, i've tried the valk,stingray, cyclone, xpress, storm, sl, ls,tracker, starfire beast, blurr, orc... i'm sure some others... like the beast "might " get the spot ... just traded a buddy a for a worn star thats money - but really feels like i overlap when i search to find my "fairway" mold

ps, i like lots of discs i own, and many i've mentioned... but really a z crush, champ rr could cover my drivers, anything else i try eventually just ends up sittin in the bag while i'm "line shaping" with one of these two...

yeah, i have a 'hard to see' teebird, and i think thats the reason it rides the bench alot
its a 164 gr star tbird if thats good or not ?? i d k??
i'm thinkin bout gettin a dx one,
but then i'm tempted to go with eagles... get 2 dx eagles, beat one in and call it good...

your drivers are all really pretty understable or super overstable...you need something more in the middle...

Viking? Surge SS?

and I'd say either a TeeBird or Eagle...

maybe a starfire or orc?

\/\/

get a stable fairway and a stable driver, i wont suggest a specific one because everyone will like different discs even though they do the same thing

I'd suggest a stable fairway driver from the following list:

Gazelle
Cyclone
Teebird
Eagle
XL
TL
Striker

Should be enough to complete your bag.

Another note: The Roadrunner and Avenger SS probably overlap a little.

Try a Z Surge SS or Surge...i think you would like those...I can throw my Surge SS literally super straight for 350+ Did it in Maconquah, used that disc quite a bit...I would also try out a Pro Boss (not a R-Pro just a Pro) get it in a light weight to test it out...you might like it....Baugo has a few times to open up a bomb, most courses around here actually do if you think about it..lol...Hope that helps!

ok, how bout a bag critique...

right now my "mainstays" are

putter magnet/wizard

mids
meteor
buzzz
wasp
drone

drivers least stable to over

avenger ss
roadrunner
crush
firebird/pred

There seems to be a huge gap between your under-stable and over-stable drivers.

You need some fairway drives as well
Try a teebird and or a leopard

For drivers how about a surge or surge SS
or even a wraith or destroyer.

I would have to add a JLS to that bag, cause it could use a fairway disc.

ok, some may have not read the whole she-bang
i carry short of 20 discs... the only gap that i feel is lack of fairway drivers

my avenger ss is totally dif than my RR, maybe close on the flight charts... but not close when i throw them
gap between the crush and rr? the crush seems dead stable to me - hence why i struggle to find a decent fairway disc
plus i have 3 crushes, my esp fills any gap between the z and my rr, flies like my avenger (not ss)
wraith, surges, orc dont seem to get me more distance, but they do have the ability to be squirrly, sometimes they turn and dont come back... so i set them aside- unpredictable
boss destroyer? at my distance? hehe, the crush replaced my destroyer when i lost it.. only threw a few bosses and they're too much for me, have NOT tried pro though
i'm waiting to test my pro katana for the distance spot :)

ok, some may have not read the whole she-bang
i carry short of 20 discs... the only gap that i feel is lack of fairway drivers

my avenger ss is totally dif than my RR, maybe close on the flight charts... but not close when i throw them
gap between the crush and rr? the crush seems dead stable to me - hence why i struggle to find a decent fairway disc
plus i have 3 crushes, my esp fills any gap between the z and my rr, flies like my avenger (not ss)
wraith, surges, orc dont seem to get me more distance, but they do have the ability to be squirrly, sometimes they turn and dont come back... so i set them aside- unpredictable
boss destroyer? at my distance? hehe, the crush replaced my destroyer when i lost it.. only threw a few bosses and they're too much for me, have NOT tried pro though
i'm waiting to test my pro katana for the distance spot :)

You want a Teebird in there.

You said you have one but you don't throw it. Why not?

You want a Teebird in there.

You said you have one but you don't throw it. Why not?

the tie-dye color is like camo... sadly thats the #1 reason, number 2 is that i can throw 80% w the crush and acheive the same results...

i do WANT to throw it though :)
i love being able to really crank on it and have trust that it holds its line, but i get the same distance as my crush pretty much, and i think i like the wider rim for my grip, i seem to be able to aim the crush better

Latest posts