• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats better? Firebird or xXx?

I've thrown both, regularly. Xxx is a good choice, if your buddy runs hazard, go over and hand pick one that feels right. My domey Opto is actually quite slow, slower than my fbs.

But like Eegor said, champ Banshee is a good choice too. Easy to find too. I find myself reaching for my Banshee more and more.

The thing that I loved about the FB was how it felt in my hand. I have small hands, so the firebird was awesome feeling. I'm just gunna have to buy one of each.

I've never thrown a xXx, but I don't know where I would be without my firebird...so dependable on my bh drives, and Love it so much for my o/h shots

the GL xXx breaks in kind of quick IMO. Mine was a meathook when i 1st got it, now its got some glide and turns a little when powering hard on it. Ive switched to my opto trident, its a bit slower and more overstable. An opto xXx may be what you want if you want more overstability

Hmmm didn't think about a opto xxx. My trident will flip if I power it real hard when thrown flat and it's opto. I hope the xxx will be more overstable then the trident.

Flipping a Trident? Wow. You Sir, must have a cannon. Your name fits I guess.

or you got an "off" trident. it happens, I've had discs that don't act like they are advertised.

or I do. ;) except, in theory, shouldn't a trident hide OAT since it's so overstable?

or he has the major league OAT:gross:

My buddy does this alot with (insert overtsable disc by design here) and comes back with, "man, I really flipped that sucker". When will people get over themselves and realize that OAT is the culprit for an Ape or Excal going haywire. :popcorn:

i have tried em all, and love the xXx.. at one point in time, i had an opto xXx, champ fb, and z pred in the bag, and the xXx came out on top. I do still have the pred in the bag, but find myself going to either a teebird or an orc for the same shot i would use an fb/pred for

I think whoever said that my trident is off was right. If I throw a flick with a little anny it dosent really want to come back. I shoot the same throw with a firebird and that sucker comes right back. My trident just dosent seem to have that meat hook goodness I want.

dont be scared off of the GL xXx, cause say you do enjoy the xXx over the FB - the GL will beat in and a brand new opto shortly after gives you 2 great versions of it.

i honestly suggest getting GL anything as your first lat64 disc (or first disc of a particular mold) because of the slight less stability and beat-in factor. if you dont like whatever mold get rid of it, if ya do let it beat a little more and grab an opto counterpart. quite frankly i feel you should do that with any premium plastic from any company IMO [there are a few exceptions, but generally speaking..]

I think whoever said that my trident is off was right. If I throw a flick with a little anny it dosent really want to come back. I shoot the same throw with a firebird and that sucker comes right back. My trident just dosent seem to have that meat hook goodness I want.

one can't turn over a XXX u just can't. maybe throwing headwind forhand rev might get it to think about it. stop talking about and try it out!

Not exactly ... they are no longer using the 11x stamp ... meaning the STAMP is out of print. The difference between an 11x and 12x FB is the stamp. People get attached to the stamp (claim it flies better), and they also want to protect their 'investment' and try to resell their disc later ... cuz it's totally an 11X dude!

The 11x Firebird is OOP.

Last edited:

Latest posts