• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What's equal out of the box to a broke in understable teebird?

Sorry for your loss.

Don't have time to break another in? Like, you have a tournament coming up? I would not be trying to learn a new disc right before a tournament. That and no disc out of the box has ever thrown as well as a beat disc for me.

I'd cut your losses and start beating in another TeeBird. There is no disc like it.

Sorry for your loss.

Don't have time to break another in? Like, you have a tournament coming up? I would not be trying to learn a new disc right before a tournament. That and no disc out of the box has ever thrown as well as a beat disc for me.

I'd cut your losses and start beating in another couple TeeBirds. There is no disc like it.
^^^
Added one word+. I think it's a good time to put two more in the bag and start throwing them both, then the next time you'll have a back up.

^^^
Added one word+. I think it's a good time to put two more in the bag and start throwing them both, then the next time you'll have a back up.

Yeah I know what you mean but the main thing is I don't want to have to worry about losing a disc. Basically I live in Michigan. Lots of underbrush. So even good shots right on the edge of the woods in tall grass you seem to lose discs. So I figured I would try to just replace it with something out of the box speed 7 understable (meaning you can flip it and it will want to ride to the right) rather then worrying about it anymore.

By the way it was a first run pro teebird

idk

those old pro birds have a ton of glide. Are the current ones like that? I bag a flippy one that isn't really like anything else I've thrown.

Yeah I know what you mean but the main thing is I don't want to have to worry about losing a disc. Basically I live in Michigan. Lots of underbrush. So even good shots right on the edge of the woods in tall grass you seem to lose discs. So I figured I would try to just replace it with something out of the box speed 7 understable (meaning you can flip it and it will want to ride to the right) rather then worrying about it anymore.

I love my opto river for that understable speed 7.

On the teebird side - grab a DX to go along with a few pros. It won't take long to beat into that same flippy spot.

FWIW, those didn't really fly like Teebirds. I'm also not surprised that it got lost. ;)

The TL, JLS or XL would be my suggestions for discs that are actually better than the one you lost. The JLS and XL both come in pro type plastic as well as higher end plastics, so you can get a jump on your beating cycle by getting both kinds.

A lot of good suggestions. I just got a g* t3 and at 175g it is deadly straight at about 350ish. Maybe a lighter weight is what you seek.

I also like the saint. It might be exactly what you are looking for. I've had mine for a little over a year and it is my long anny disc. When it was new, I thought it flew like a broke in t-bird.

I'm too lazy to look if anyone has mentioned this, so...

I picked up a max weight DX Glow Teebird, and right out of the box it was a tick more US than it's DX counterpart and much less stable than G*, Star, and Champs. But it still had some fight at the end of flight. It's become my go-to when I need a disc to do a "miracle shot" from the schule, or some nasty hyzer-flip. Besides, it is a TB so the feel is the same, which for me is why I love mine.
It feels familiar and comfortable.

My new star TL flies like a broke in DX Teebird. I think thats the whole idea of the -L discs, kindof liek Discrafts -SS versions of theirs.

I'm too lazy to look if anyone has mentioned this, so...

I picked up a max weight DX Glow Teebird, and right out of the box it was a tick more US than it's DX counterpart and much less stable than G*, Star, and Champs. But it still had some fight at the end of flight. It's become my go-to when I need a disc to do a "miracle shot" from the schule, or some nasty hyzer-flip. Besides, it is a TB so the feel is the same, which for me is why I love mine.
It feels familiar and comfortable.

I had no idea they made dx glow. I'm behind the times.

From what I gather, there's Champ Glow and there's Glow. The regular glow beats in like DX, and they have a similar feel.

Latest posts