• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's in your bag?

What discs do you use

• Innova

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Discraft

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I mix it up

Votes: 113 75.3%

• Total voters
The only Innova I have left in my bag is a Teebird, Destroyer and Omega AP if you want to count that one. The latest Discraft to replace an Innova disc was the Zone replacing the Pig. They fly very similar to each other but the Zone is made in better plastic and is shallower, which makes gripping it easier. I did like the Beast for hyzer-flips, but I lost it and am a little wary of buying a replacement due to Innova's inconsistencies. My friend has a Beast that flies nothing like my old Beast. I could hyzer-flip that thing and it would go straight forever with no fade and no turn. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a Discraft disc that will do this consistently like the Beast did. Anyone have any suggestions?

I have a 174g ESP Flash (relatively new) that flies a lot like my old Star Beast. It's a little more stable than a Beast but I can get the hyzer-flip no problem and it flies just as far if not further on RHBH. Ever since I got the Flash I'm not looking back at the Beast.

DX 133 Purple Skeeter
DX 145 White Valkyrie
DX 149 Yellow Cobra
DX 150 Blue Leopard
DX 167 Red Stingray
DX 168 Orange Starfire
DX 169 Yellow Beast
DX 169 Purple Destroyer
DX 170 White Wraith
DX 172 Yellow Beast
DX 175 Yellow Wraith
DX 175 Yellow Viking
DX 175 Red Archangel
Star 175 Blue TL
Star 167 White Sidewinder
Champion 167 Red Sidewinder
Champion 150 Blue Sidewinder
Champion 175 Blue Beast
Champion 175 Green Beast
Champion 175 Orange Beast
Champion 175 Dark Orange Beast
Champion 175 Red FireBird
Champion 175 Red TeeBird
Discraft 173 Lime Green Force
Discraft 170/172 White Pro-D Avenger
Discraft 174 Orange Esp Flx Avenger SS
Millennium 175 Yellow LS Polaris
Premier 170 Yellow Defender

All in the bag :)

Only reason I picked mix it up is 1 discraft and two gateway putters, otherwise innova.

I've changed it up a bit...
Gateway putters, Discraft Wasp, Buzzz, and Predator, rest is Innova Coyote, Teebirds, Eagles, Valkyries, sometimes Rocs

16 Innova:
DX Aero 172g
DX Archangel 169g
DX Birdie 167g
Pro Dart 172g
Champion Destroyer 175g
DX Dragon 150g
DX Gator 169g
Pro Leopard 175g
Champion Leopard 164g
DX Orc 163g
Champion Panther 175g
DX Roc 166g
DX Shark 162g
DX Stingray 173g
DX Valkyrie 163g
DX Valkyrie 168g

2 Discraft:
Both Stratuses (Strati?) 175g & 176g

2 Millennium:
Omega SS 172g
Sirus Sentinel MF 171g

I'm not at all familiar with Gateway, Ching, Aerobie, or any of the rest of them. But, hey, I started out knowing only Innova.

Putters and Mids:
[3] Voodoo 175g
[2] Buzzz 178g
[1] Buzzz 177g
[1] Wasp 178g

Fairways:
[2] Teebird 170g
[2] Eagle-X 170g
[1] Flick 174g

Drivers:
[1] Predator 168g
[2] Predator 174g
[2] XCaliber 175
[1] Avenger SS 166g

Soon I'll be adding a 167g Boss and possibly a heavier 175g Teebird.
All in all...a mixed bag.

My basic lineup is:

2 Millennium, Polaris LSs
3 Gateway, 1 Illusion, 2 Elements
1 Discraft, Impact
3 Inova, Archangel, Leopard, Aero
1 Lightning #2 Putter

However I often carry my twenty disc bag in the truck just so I can tailor my lineup to the course.

Two Millennium JLSs amongst a bag full of Innova hardly qualifies as mixed, but that's what I said. I also have a brand new Gateway putter that was given to me that I'm carrying but haven't used yet. And I'm hoping for a Discraft Buzzz, a Quest AT Inferno and a Millennium Orion LF for Christmas. Maybe those will mix up my bag a bit.

Oh, and I have two sets of the three Instep discs that come with the basket. I guess they qualify as disc golf discs. ;) An heck, my mini is a Frisbee mini.

i have 12 discs in my bag... and prefer not to add any more.

I am primarily an innova guy. This isnt by preference, its more about convenience. When i lose a disc, or it gets to beat up, i know that i can replace the exact disc with no problems. Also, as Innova is the most common, it's easiest to compare and discuss. Their web site is easy to read, their descriptions and flight patterns are (overall) accurate and everyone speaks "innova".

Having said that -
I have an Epic (Overhand God Disc)
and i will be buying a Buzzz to test/compare with my Roc.
(if i get bored and want to spend some money, i might try the Wasp as a lot of guys say its a step up from both the buzzz and roc?)

I have a gummy Rhyno, so i dont need any other company's gummy putter/approach either. <- i would recommend a gummy putter/approach for everyone. (Ie. Rhyno, old blowfly, etc... mine literally folds like a taco on impact. )
DSC05664.jpg

I have a gummy Rhyno, so i dont need any other company's gummy putter/approach either. <- i would recommend a gummy putter/approach for everyone. (Ie. Rhyno, old blowfly, etc... mine literally folds like a taco on impact. )
DSC05664.jpg

Now I'm hungry for The Bell... and they're open late. Thanks, man.

As a noob I"m keeping my selection to 6 discs until I know my arm better.
All Innova discs:
Star 169g Sidewinder DD
Star 171g Leopard FD
DX 167g Eagle FD
Star 175g Stingray MID
Star 175g Aviar P & A
Pro 172g Aviar P & A

Believe me I want to buy more discs and experiment, but I think I should learn these before trying a Wraith, Boss or Groove.

Last edited:
DGA PowerDrive 164g
Innova DX Aviar 150g
Innova Champion Beast 175g
Innova DX Birdie 175g
Innova Star Destroyer 171g
Innova DX Leopard 150g
Innova Champion Panther 174g
Innova DX Shark
Innova Champion Shark 150g
Innova DX Valkyrie 175g
Wham-O Max Flight

Innova:
Champ Wraith 172g, Pro Wraith 173g,Champ Groove 171g, Star TeeBird 170g, Champ Valkyrie 169g, KC Pro Roc 177g, KC Pro Aviar 175g

Discraft:
ESP Avenger 171g, Supersoft APX 173g, Elite Z Buzz 178g

Millenium:
Orion LS 175g

Gateway:
S Series Voodoo 175g, S Series Element 176g

Thats I think. I guess most is Innova, but like others have said its what was around, easiest to follow charts, etc.. But i have been branching out and trying other companies. Really for me its like if it flies right than it is right.

So far I have only really used Innova since that is all I have been exposed to. BUT I just ordered myself 2 10-packs of the Z/ESP misprint deal!! :D So I have a feeling that will change soon (even though I still don't know exactly which discs I am rooting to get)

I am a 300 foot driver. My approach is the best aspect of my game. I play "safe" but i can get par every time.

Drivers:
Star Boss - 168 <- Too Light! - Long Open Spaces bombs
Star SL - 167 <- Too Light - Long open straight shots. (Star Katana might replace)
Champion Wraith - 170 All around distance driver. Now it's beaten in it's very consistent and turns less. (Also my distance sidearm disc).
Champion Sidewinder - 166 - Since replace by SL, found and i cant seem to let go of it for some reason. <- Trying to make it a point and shoot fairway driver.
Champion FIrebird - 170 (Sidearm and Extreme Hyzer Shots) Clean Sidearm disc in shorter lengths. When my gator is too short / less accurate, but i need precision that my eagle cant give me.
Fairway / Specialty Drivers:
Champion Orc - 164 - Point and Shoot. Overall my best precision disc and long tricky fairway savior.
Star Eagle - 170 - Long Distance Fairway Driver of Choice. Sidearm disc when the Wraith is too long, but the space is open.)
DX T-Bird: When i am throwing into heavy trees or near danger. It's cheap, easily controlled and very reliable. One $8 disc saves replacing premium discs.
Champion Leopard - 169 - If its 225' or shorter and a straight shot, it's parked. As a driver it gets a squirrley "S" curve, but just as reliable.
DX Roc 168: A touch lighter than my drivers to help distance and control. My approach disc of choice. I always think first, "what about the roc" and decide what disc to use based on the answer. (Need a Champion Roc)
DX Gator 168: When the roc doesnt turn enough, i need it to stay on the ground at impact, unpredictable wind, or downhill shot. (aka Roc alternate). <- AMAZING short range sidearm disc. Good control, etc... 275' drives with mine! (Champion Gator will be replacement).
Gummy Rhyno: Most rhynos are short Gators (they fly almost the same, but distance is the factor), but this one is super soft. When the putt or approach is difficult. Also my main putter.
DX Wood Chip Aviar 175: When its a gimme "throw in" putt, or a long range shooting put... (45'+)

I try hard to keep my bag to a minimum and not overlap shots.
Also Note: Unless the extra speed boost and overstability of a star, i always choose Champion when replacing discs.

Last edited:
R-Pro Boss 164g x2 - Hyzer Flip Distance

Star Xcaliber 175g x2 - Headwind Distance

EcoStar Xcaliber 175g x2 - Hyzer Distance

Champ Boss 174g - Helix

Champ Valkyrie 175g - Woods

Star Max 175g x2 - Hyzer Skip

CE Teebird-L 174g - Forehand Straight

Pro Leopard 174g - Backhand Straight

Champ Whippet-X 175g x2 - Spike Hyzer

Star Spider 175g - Straight Mid

ESP Buzzz 178g - Straight Mid