• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What's your favorite neutral, workable, "do it all" midrange?

Probably a flat, DX glow Roc. A fresh one. It will hold hyzer or anhyzer or you can just pump it pretty much dead straight.

There's probably a better answer though because I have to pull them from my bag in the winter months because they're too easy to lose in the snow. I'm currently using a prime Emac Truth because I had it handy and it feels and flies similarly and it isn't white.

Neutral mid

Champion or star Roc3. So neutral it's almost boring. I feel like the Roc3 takes power better than the Buzzz, and fades a little more. If you miss right a little bit, the disc will help you out.

I usually use the Roc3 for shorter tee shots, but it also does fine for long upshots as well.

Lonestar Middy, goofy name/serious flight.

The glow version is a very straight disc that will hold a turn for a long time if you want it to, and hold a hyzer well. Like a shallower tick more stable Buzzz.

The Alpha plastic is pretty beefy almost like a Pyro. It's got some glide but will always fade and is flat enough to forehand pretty well.

I'd like to throw one sometime.

For me, Hex.

Honestly there are so many great mids in this slot...it's probably a matter of comfort. Hex feels nice for my hand, workable. I'm ok with 10 copies of neutron. I found what works for me. I should probably throw it more. The reason I don't is that the local is more of a wind/terrain/OB course than a lines/angles/gaps course. There just aren't many holes where I can't get there with an Envy but could with a Hex. Then the rest are only birdie-able with a driver.

I wish I could throw it more, when I travel I regret not throwing it more often.

I'm a huge Buzzz fan after throwing it and then leaving and coming back. I just wish it felt better on FH. If it was BH only I'd say Buzzz on flight characteristics.

Mako 3 probably needs more love, too. I like the rim profile of the Hex better, but the Mako3 is a hulleva disc.

Compass also impressed the heck out of me.

Mako3 is amazing, every time I take it out of the bag I wish I had it. Trying to get back to throwing 300 ft frozen ropes with it.

Beat in Z buzzz. I may be biased cause I have had beat in buzzz in the bag for most of 17 years. I love diamond elements and they are a fine substitute. I just will always have the fresh buzzz there so why stop throwing it when it's perfect seasoned?

I have a flat Sirius Aurora that is in a perfect spot right now. I can get it to turn over the whole way, hyzer flip it flat, S flight, and hyzer it so it comes back. It's also wonderfully forehand-able. I mostly use it for the turnover because I have the JLS that covers those other shots more consistently, but if you get it right it's hard to beat.

Workable is comet espeaially BH, but one mold to rule em all one disc round ruler is probably the hex. I should also throw it more. It's a little on the stable side of neutral depending on your power but FH, BH, putting it's not lacking in any department

RPM Piwakawaka.

Picked one of these up on a whim last year. Amazing discs. Very workable, comfortable, powers down well and can take power. Very controllable with amazing glide. It kicked Comets and beat Rocs out of my bag.

Latest posts