• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats your favorite putter?

I've been digging the Lat64 Spike for quite some time. I may dabble with others soon just due to sheer boredom but the Spike is easy to control and I love the soft Zeroline plastic.

Working Stiff said:
I putt with Aviars becasue I have a butt-ass load of them. If I was starting today I don't think the Aviar would be "the one," but it's good enough.

I think he was asking about putters, NOT your girlfriend. :p :wink: :lol:

I have 3 "favorite" putters.

The Voodoo for putting

The Wizard for long aproaches

and
A 150 class Magic for short range turn-overs.

I am liking the challenger for putting and use the pure in grip line for driving and up shots (They are just more durable)>

CHEERs - Koffee

I tried the Voodoo. It flies very weird for me after a few good hits (tracks stubbornly right when flat, and glides downward).

I'm putting with the Wizard now. I'd rather putt with the Pro Challenger, but I can't find more than a single mold of these in the entire universe that I like throwing. Too bad.

I have 3 favorites as well; Ion, Voodoo and VP.

I could easily drop the Voodoo if I could have an Ion made with a plastic like my favorite green organics. As it stands I just use the Voodoos for in the circle putts. The Ion and VP get the rest of the putter work depending on the situation.

My favorite is the M Wizard. I've tried a lot of putters, but these seem to be the most versatile (driving, approaching, putting). I also have a lot of love for the KC Aviar and D Challenger.

172 M Wizard

I like all the various stable putters (KC Aviar, Challenger, Banger GT, etc.). I chose the Wizard because of how it feels in my hand. It also comes in lots of different types of plastics, too.

anyone still putting with the voodoo?

i had a great day today in the snow and must have gotten 6 birdies for my partner. it's unlike me.....

the voodoo was straight and consistent and lacking that heavy fade of some newer wizards has really become my putter.

bill said:

i had a great day today in the snow and must have gotten 6 birdies for my partner. it's unlike me.....

the voodoo was straight and consistent and lacking that heavy fade of some newer wizards has really become my putter.

I putt with a S Voodoo 175g for about a year and just recently went to the S Magic 168g. I love the Magic and the lighter weight....they've done good to me. I do have some max weight Magics I use as throwers as well. I do throw ADs for when I need more stability or for sidearm approaches.

bill said:

I use a lightweight (162g or something) Voodoo for long putts when I want the disc to go dead straight. Works pretty well for me.

bill said:

I putted with Voodoos for quite a while, but dropped them for Magics. This was not because of Voodoos not being as "good", but because my putting style changed. For traditional putts, they were always my favorite putter. I think they're really awesome.

I should also mention, one great thing about Magics that Voodoos don't have going for them, is that the clear urethane Magics fly almost identically to their S line counterparts, whereas I was never able to find a premium plastic Voodoo that had the awesome glide of the S-line. For this reason I stopped using them as a driving putter. I had my most stable Voodoo suddenly get pretty flippy on me in mid tournament once. This isn't a knock against S-line Voodoos though. I'd recommend them to anyone.

bill said:

I still use my Voodoos inside the circle. I tend to go to my Ion (which is pretty much a premium plastic Voodoo IMO) for drives and approaches though. Nothing beats my Voodoos for me inside the circle though. Love them.

Ryan C said:
I putted with Voodoos for quite a while, but dropped them for Magics. This was not because of Voodoos not being as "good", but because my putting style changed. For traditional putts, they were always my favorite putter. I think they're really awesome.

That is the same reason I switched to Magics.

seinfeld-wiz.jpg

I keep going between a soft mag and a challenger. One is hot for a few rounds, then goes south, so I grab the other, keeps me thinking...

Latest posts