• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats your favorite short and technical courses?

Golden Hills in Christiansburg, VA knocked my socks off. For being so short, it kicked my butt with the up and down. It's sadly been pulled but was replaced with two "Bears", Golden and Black. Haven't played them, but if they're in the same area the original course was, they'll be worth the trip. Bonus points for that being the area Marmoset haunts.

Baraboo Lions DGC

Unfortunately, some of the pictures and hole distances are obsolete due to recent changes necessitated by new/expanded campus buildings and facilities. Still, from the short tees, only one hole is over 300', and most of them have woods and/or significant trees on one or both sides. Decent amount of rolling elevation change as well. Lots of variety in shot shapes ... I think I normally use a dozen or so different discs combined for tee shots on 18 holes.

I love Campton Hills in St. Charles, IL. It's very short and very technical with some of the best elevation change I've seen in Northern Illinois. It's not necessarily the most beautifully maintained course but it's always held a special place for me... it's just unique for the area.