• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your favorite shot to throw?

I hyzer flip everything pretty much so thats one.

I also love to throw a forehand upshot with an esp zone.

I'm particularly good at putting it on a large anny

Hyzerflip. But I also get a strange joy out of sliding my putter upside down toward the basket when there is no other line to take - as rare as that is.

Throwing forehand. Actually 'throwing', level backswing and all, minimal 'flick'. Max weight Wraith goes 350-400 with a very predictable fade. The release is tricky though.

My absolute favorite shot to throw is a steep hyzer with a really flippy disc. Throwing a zeppelin on a hyzer line so it travels quite a ways left then flips up and over and drifts all the way back right is such a beautiful shot (and nobody ever expects it to actually work when they see the disc going the "wrong way").

Distance, hyzer flip turnover shot with a beat Wraith.

Fairway, flat, right down the middle with a beat Escape, T-bird or Buzzz.

Trick shot, 50-100 ft Wizard thumber that lands on the stamp (half turn?) and slides up to the basket. Gets me out of a lot of hairy situations.

Shot that needs the most work is my short (100-150 ft) forehand approach. I am working with a DD suspect right now. I use a Wizard for FH touch shots under 100 ft.

D: Huge Firebird hyzer bomb
F: Low, fast eagle
M: Slow shot with an M1 that fades in at the last minute
Ts: Thumb roller to get out of the woods

D: When I get the angles etc just right, I'm now able to throw a Star Tern 375+ @ like 15' off the ground. (*in a soccer field, that is, for now.)

F: right now my favorite with a fairway is working finesse FHs with the Servo.

M: throwing something a little understable on hyzer, flipping it up a hair into a long gradual hyzer line that doesn't hook up hard at the end.

P: last weekend I canned a 60 footer for a first-time bird on a hole that's still tough for me to get close on.

TSS: Pancake shots, all day...the flavor of a par saver.

D - hyzer bomb that is pinpoint and tombstones right under the basket
F - sneaky s-curve with a saint, weaving through the woods
M - floaty anyhzer that parks and you hear the soft *ting as it brushes the pole
P - from outside the circle on a really windy day, and my calculations actually work out
TSS - big putter forehand to get out of danger. I almost never forehand, and when I do it's one of these. thank you ultimate frisbee days for this shot, deadly accurate and obscenely useful.

D: Hyzer flipping a 135g Blizz Wraith (W/ bubbles in the fp) to about 375 on a big S curve.

F: Seasoned Star Teebird on a rip with just a hint of turn and a nice fade back to land under the basket. Sometimes in!:thmbup:

M: Drives. I love to drive my Rocs. My fav is a 315 ft hole on my home course that's openish and I mash a Roc3 to park it. So much fun.

P: 50ft Jump putts. For real. I hit 2 50-60ft jumpers in a tourney the other day with a bunch of pro open guys watching. It was so cool.

TSS: Where I have to put my left foot behind the mark, but stretch out to the left and throw a backhand around an obstacle. So I'm essentially backwards, but throwing. Fun times.

Thanks for making this thread exactly what I hoped it would be. Great responses. It's been fun reading them.

I like the one "the shot that goes in"
yeah ... I like that one too

D: I love throwing a big anny line that flattens out just as it reaches the putting area
F: Just a dead straight shot with my glow TL
M: FH Anny with a condor, throw it high and let it stall out
P: 50-60 foot straddle putt, I know when I release it if it's good or not, and getting that perfect release is awesome
TSS:FH roller or thumb roller with a condor

Latest posts