• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your "Guilty Pleasure" disc?

Firm Lace. When I hit the line right, that thing is money in the bank...but 90% of the time it's super fliptastic and I end up so far to the right that I have to bust out a fairway driver just to get to the pin.

Up until about a month ago, I didn't have one. Now it's my first Zone, Pro-D. It's so beat that it's more Buzzz than Zone. I've overthrown every approach I've made with it.

up until a while ago, I had 2. a super beat in KC Roc, and a super beat in KC Aviar. I couldn't throw either of them controllably anymore, flip machines. But the Aviar was my first Ace and the Roc was my 2nd. So I kept them in the bag WAY too long. I'd always throw them, then complaing "Damnit, it flipped again" Replaced them with better, newer versions, and my shots are much more under control.

Gateway Demon, stupid overstable disc but if i pick the right shot to use it it ends up parked by the basket. :) Problem is i pull it out of the bag too much and try to pick lines that really don't exist. :doh:

Condor. I love to throw a condor. Problem is they get flippy and I end up trying to hyzer them to make up for it only to watch them slowly continue to turn right all the way to the basket. Just yesterday I was saying how I needed to add a new condor to my bag for stability.

Yeah, that's just what I need, 3 condors in my bag.

Legacy Cannon. Once that bad boy is in my hand i try to overthrow the heck out of it. It's the one disc I know i'm going to feel after I throw it.

My mini; one of those heavy Driving Minis meant for... who knows what..

^^ I do the same thing. I always pull out my flx challenger on holes 300 or less even though I could get there easier with a comet. Hence my guilty pleasure disc is a super beat an flippy x comet. I just love watching it fly, I can throw it with hyzer 45 degrees to the left of a hole (rhbh) an it flips dead flat and annys so smoothly its like watching a graceful ballerina float through the air. It also makes every person I play with ask what I threw.

I guarantee no one else has the same one as me. If I'm out of my putting range, but not far enough away to use my DX wolf or Champion Roc3, I pull out my Yellow Wham-O TouchLine True. She's just beautifully accurate to park under the basket.

150 mamba, pearly purple. Turns over or not as I wish. I hope to tune up my arm enough to master this control with my other favorite discs. It is not a "good" or a "bad" disc, just the right one for me, now. I am a little self conscious, though. I bought it because it is soooooo pretty. I always need some help to find it in the open fields, because it blends into the shadows of the weeds.

I paraphrase Adventure Time, where Finn plays video games on BMO- "oh, hunny bunny, don't you know I got the Mamba (bomb-a)?"

Everyone looks at me weird...

my avatar: a z xpress. i can't believe how over-stable it is that i think it may be a misprint and not really an xpress...

Latest posts