• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your most valued disc (NOT $$)

tom12003

Eagle Member
Having several hundred pieces of plastic, I was contemplating which one I would NOT give up no matter the $$. It has to be a SuperStringray stamped with my name honoring membership in the Secret Society of Burros (a secret organization that honors those who were integral in building several of Charlotte's courses). Only about 10 members, led by our 2 mules--#1 mule Stan McDaniel (who designed and built 10-11 Charlotte courses), #2 mule Sam Nicholson (also the 2012 TD for the Pro and Am Worlds), and the lead Burro (Bill Jacobson who has organized dozens of PDGA tourneys, more local events and leagues, and always there when a course is being built). Among these guys, I'm only an ass. That disc is an honor.

My second choice has to be a DX Viper commemorating my first pro tournament win (1996 Seneca Creek Soray, A/B (?) tier).

Many other valued discs, but these are the memorable ones.

I suppose the disc to commemorate my 1000th course played at the Crystal City Underground with Danhyzer - donated by gateway, signed by all the people that were there that day and a few that weren't. It represents a 3 year adventure, plus many adventures to come. It represents my addiction to the game and draw to play every new course possible.
1000_1.jpg

I have a 150g star Valkyrie that's my long turnover disc of choice. I know exactly how it will fly and it goes a long way. I'll never sell it.

I would've said it was my most used disc, the opto Pure, but they are easily replaced. All of them are nearly identical in shape and weight.

I suppose the disc to commemorate my 1000th course played at the Crystal City Underground with Danhyzer - donated by gateway, signed by all the people that were there that day and a few that weren't. It represents a 3 year adventure, plus many adventures to come. It represents my addiction to the game and draw to play every new course possible.
1000_1.jpg

Martin

That's a keeper!

My first disc, which is a KC Aviar. And my first two N Ions, which are twin stormtroopers. Those are my most prized discs, and I'll never part with them.

So far, some very cool discs, guys! :clap:

I'm pretty sure my first ace disc (a simple Aviar putter which I had signed shortly afterward by Jay & Des Reading at one of their clinics), and a player's pack glow Roc3 from my first decent sized tourney win, are discs I'll keep. The other is this Jeff Ash Brainwaved shield Saint. He created one of the most beautiful, color-matched works of art I've yet seen. Proud to have it on my wall:

9b896a4b.jpg

Forgot to mention a 9x KC aviar which is unthrowable. A friend of mine (the original viking legend Ragnar Overby) made 2 clocks with these 9x Aviars, He gave me one for my birthday at the 1999 pro worlds and the other one to Kenny (which was missing the numbers 10-12, Kenny's streak breaker).

Right now my most valuable disc in my bag is my perfectly beat in max weight McPro Roc3. I'm pretty sure I could shoot under par on any of my local courses throwing only that disc.

As for my most valuable personal disc, it would be my first Nova, which was responsible for my only ace so far. My disc golf career is young so I'm sure others will mean something to me over time.

It's hard to say, but the Pink Champ Rhyno my wife and daughter gave me, or the Chartruce Ape my dad have me are up there. The Firebird I got at Rolling Rige is a good one too.

I have a rule: when in doubt, Roc3.

My pink Champion Roc3 has been with me though numerous bag adjustments, courses, tough spots, and even dips in water hazards. I can't play a round without it.

Right now it's my plain old Champion Beast that my wife bought for me out of the blue one day. Just starting, I haven't collected any cool or meaningful discs.

A beat-to-death DX Stingray. For when a RHBH shot absolutely, positively, must turn right. I don't use it often. But there's nothing off the shelf to match it, and it's a long process to beat another into this shape.

For me it'd probably be an ooooooooolllldddddddddd Champ Firebird w patent #s that is absolutely beat to death. It's my go to in any situation, ever. Don't know what to throw? Fb. That simple. It's so beat I can flip it up to flat and get some D out of it, but it's still got that trademark Firebird fade. No telling how many throws are on it. If I lost it, I'd be able to replace it with a worn Thunderbird or really domey Star FB, but there'd be a hole in my bag for years to come. It's my baby.

Started the thread with thoughts of collectibles, not what you rely on. What you do not want ever to give up for memories.

Oooh, that's a tough one. Each and every disc IN my bag is replaceable (and I have backups for all of them anyway). So I guess we have to enter my collection and say the 7x KC Pro Flying Eye Gazelle that Climo signed OR the proto Gazelle from the South Bend Worlds in '96 (because I collect Gazelles and grew up half an hour from there).

best memory disc is my first ace which was with a gl river a few years ago

but its a piece of plastic and i dont get attached to objects. if i lost it i wouldnt give a damm

I've got a bright yellow Z Buzzz that's been in my bag for four years that I still throw more times per round than any other disc.

Collectable wise

First Run Legacy Outlaw (White, Green, Purple, Orange and Pink). My first collectable/first run.
Emac and Ralph Mercy light blue with rainbow stamp. Looks awesome
PDGA Lat64 Diamond - I know everyone who joins PDGA gets a disc but this is kind of cool. Looks good on my self. Black with Silver stamp.
2015 Memorial Buzzz OS. Sweet looking disc.

I have a couple of "Must Have" in the bag disc's.

DD Escape. Have it in Fuzion, Bio, Moonshine, First Run Lucid and Fluid. Great disc.
Legacy Rival. Have it in Pinnacle and Icon, super reliable...I know exactly what it does and it never fails me.

My 1st ace disc (hot pink DX Roc). Hanging on the wall now and its the only disc I own that I won't throw.