• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your most valued disc (NOT $$)

toss up between my 2007 z buzzz, which i've nailed eight aces with...
and...
my 1.1 sirius orion lf, that i hit my longest ace with, hole 7 at plymouth creek in its 2007 configuration.

Started the thread with thoughts of collectibles, not what you rely on. What you do not want ever to give up for memories.

Ah. You left it too wide-open, only excluding $$.

I have discs with sentimental value, but not so much that I'd never give them up. I don't sell discs, so there's no danger I'l voluntarily part with them. On the one hand, I'll throw any disc I own; on the other, some I hedge and try not to throw in places where I might lose them.

Innova CFR Star Gremlin from the 2006 Charleston Classic. Only two (2) Innova Gremlins were produced and the Charleston Club was still in it's infancy with lots of great people hanging out many weekends for casual rounds and traveling to sanctioned tournaments around the SE. Also, the thrower (Jonas) resembles Jojo from WSP.

Attachments

• CC 2006.jpg
    CC 2006.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 37
non throwers: a Ron Russel signed World Champion X Comet and a 1990 dx san marino roc with the mid america open stamp from that season.

throwers: my comets. the z comet I've used for like 5+ years is still a beautiful flyer. so is the beat up x comet I got in a trade - already beat in - several years ago too.

First ace disc will never be thrown again. I've seen a guy throw his first ace disc, and lose it...and it was painful even for me.

In the words of Scrooge McDuck, my #1 Disc would be my DX Rhyno, the first disc I ever purchased. Have been through it all with that disc and it is the consistently most successful disc in my bag. Lethal on any path 100 ft. and less.

Started the thread with thoughts of collectibles, not what you rely on. What you do not want ever to give up for memories.

Figured out what it's like trying to keep any of these threads on track...
cat-herding.jpg

2008 Worlds Roc with the signatures of all the top pro's in the game old and young...a Mario dyed FAF 11x Firebird and the softest and gummiest Aviar I've ever felt with the Disc Golf Down Under Stamp

I carry an old CE Firebird that I would never sell. It's my favorite disc and i dread the day it gets lost or broken. It's an L-mold and it's absolutely perfect for forehands, thumbers, windy days, and whatever specialty shot you can think of. It's seemingly bulletproof and hasn't changed in years. It looks just like the attached picture (I just found this pic online).

I would pull it from the bag to save it, but I like throwing it too much. I've got a CFR Glow Firebird FL waiting just in case.

I've also got a mint neon yellow CE Leopard that I don't think I could ever bring myself to sell or throw.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 22
I have a rule: when in doubt, Roc3.

My pink Champion Roc3 has been with me though numerous bag adjustments, courses, tough spots, and even dips in water hazards. I can't play a round without it.

this rings true for me also. (roc or rocIII) if i am having trouble figuring out what to throw, just grab a roc. at the end of each round i recap the the shot of the day, usually a roc. my favorite disc that i woudlnt trade or risk loosing in a lake, my 303 stamp summit given to me by phenix disc sports for helping to provide golf cars for the td @ at the big 303.

Last edited:
I have a few.
10x KC Teebird, Been in the bag 5+ years and my only backhand ace.
11x Orange KC Teebird, first disc I ever purchased
Red CE Firebird, My first CE disc and got it my 1st trip to BG Ams.
Pair of blue with white stamp CE Teebirds, they are pretty.

In hindsight.. probably my circa 2003 Discraft Elite-Z XS. I think its the first disc that really made me 'get it' and showed me how something can properly fly. I'm afraid to bag the thing because of the fear of losing it, so it clearly has some emotional value attached to it.

DSCN0266.jpg

DSCN0270.jpg

My favorite disc of all time. The first putter I bought, My ESP FLX Challenger. I have been clamoring for this disc for a long time and now I finally get to show it to you.

This is the best plastic ever made. Rubbery and resilient, indestructible, I can rather easily taco it and it always bounces back into shape. The newer FLX plastic is much stiffer than this and doesn't have the same flex or feel. I will never understand why Discraft changed this formula.

I LOVE this disc and would be empty without it. It flies super straight and I've made some ridiculous shots with it. I've since retired this bad boy so that no harm can come to him. This disc also started my pink putter fetish :D

Probably my Innova Daedalus prototype. Because it was my first (and only) ace to date. I kinda want to retire it already and get another one (if not a disc with similar flight characteristics) so I don't lose it during an outing.

My putting putter Swan 2 Medium. Just straight cashes putts from all over the place. Loves to smack chains and stick.

I think my list covers most of my bag but if I have to narrow it down:

Yellow VIP Sword
Purple Lucid Renegade with 2013 GBO stamp
Yellow VIP Stag

All my other discs I feel like I could replace right away. But these three are beat just perfectly.

I would have put my BT Soft Swan 2 on the list but those beat in pretty quickly to my liking and after acing with one not that long ago I already had one on the way and I picked up another one and have it on the way as well.

My old school Star TLs, from what I understand was the first ever run of star plastic. For some reason those TL's molded up differently then every other TL I've ever thrown. I only had one for a long time and its been my go to fairway driver for about 6 years. I just managed to score a brand new max weight unthrown replacement a few weeks ago. So that slot in my bag should be covered for the next decade plus. The number of throws I've put into my first one is absurd, and its still very useful.

My most treasured disc is one I no longer have.
Double-stamped (Shark and QMS) CE QMS that I left on the course one day and never got back.
Name and phone number plainly visible.
Should have stopped throwing it, but it was such a sweet flyer.
If the thief only know what I'd pay for that beat up plastic...

Other than that, I can't think of anything I wouldn't sell at a fair price.

Older Star Destroyer. Someone will have to pry it from my cold, dead hands before I let that disc go.

My most cherished disc would be a mint, red, Wham-o Sailing Satellite that my grandmother gave me around 1984. She found it at a garage sale and talked them down to 50 cents. It even had the header card with it, with a hand written price of .97 on it. They were produced in the year I was born, 1959. I have it displayed in a butterfly case that my grandmothers' grandfather made for her. Priceless!

My favorite golf disc would probably be the 70 mold Midnight Flyer that I got for joining the PDGA way back when. Has my name and PDGA number stamped on it. Those were the days...